J&R :)

Should I attempt an expedite for K1 Visa?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you to all who will read this post and reply.

I know what the expedite criteria is for a K1 visa. I also know that more often than not the expedite is not granted due to various reasons.

I just thought I'd ask people who have more experience with the USCIS than I do and who may have some advice for me or just be able to share the facts.

My NOA1 date for the K1 Visa is February 25th, which is currently at 3 months and 3 weeks. My packet is at the Texas Service Center, and I am well aware that most of you guys there have had to wait an excruciating 6-9 months for a NOA2.

I, by no means, want to "cut in line" or assume my relationship is more important than yours, I just want to know what my options are, if any.

I am the US citizen in the relationship and I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and am due in February of 2016. My pregnancy is considered High Risk due to a blood condition I have called ITP. I would really love to have my fiancé here with me soon and can't even fathom not being with him for the important dates of the pregnancy or the birth of our child. I know it's still soon, but I've seen how slow the TCS is and the NOA2 is just the beginning of another waiting period at the NVC and consulate. I can get any proof needed rom my OBGYN is this reason is enough to expedite our case.

Another reason for which I want to expedite the visa is because where my fiancé lives he makes a mere $75 USD a week working nearly 50 hours. He has to spend most of this income on rent, food, and necessities. Unfortunately, this is simply the typical salary in a country where the minimum wage is 60 cents an hour. I want him to get here ASAP so that he can start working here on a more livable salary once he is legally able. I have a job but I am also a full time student. Thankfully, my parents are going to help us out financially and they will be my co-sponsors, but we are all in agreement that the sooner my fiancé is here, the better it will be for financial reasons, amongst many others.

Of the expedite criteria, these are the reasons I'm hoping my one of my two reasons may fall into. If you think my high risk pregnancy or his low-income level may pass for any of these three, please let me know.

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

I look forward to your kind replies. Please, no hatred or negativity is needed. I can face the truth if the truth is that these reasons are illegitimate and I'm going to have to just wait it out like the rest of you, but please don't be rude about it.

Thanks!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your health issue would be the only possibility. Your financials are sorted with the parental joint sponsor. He isn't in any grave danger.

The worst they can say is no. It will not slow you down to request it.

Best of luck.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It doesn't hurt to try! But know they don't care about the fiance's situation: they don't care if he even has a job. Pregnancy is not a reason for expedite either. You might be lucky and get expedited for having ITP which can be dicey with a pregnancy and might be compelling enough for them. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.