SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I sent an email to that address. What a bs answer. Oh...immigrant visas take long to print do they? What a cop out.

post-206573-0-34289500-1435672951_thumb.jpg

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Timeline

And my status just changed from being updated on the 25th to today, but it still says "Ready."

Timeline

So I sent an email to that address. What a bs answer. Oh...immigrant visas take long to print do they? What a cop out.

I feel so bad for us you. The answers are really uncaring.. No empathy. Try not to get discouraged. My hubby was interviewed on 5/5... YEP... 5/5... Received a 221g for missing document never requested by NVC.... We get the documents to them on 5/19 per Loomis delivery note. BUT by their records 5/29. Status changed from AP to READY on 6/2.........We were so excited thinking he would be issued his visas in days and our almost 18 months odyssey would be over. Alas no such luck. Days passed!!! Updates of dates after my inquires but still READY.. Yesterday I sent an inquiry and received a scathing response telling me to stop inquiring. That I have been told it takes 8 (EIGHT) WEEKS to review... (I was never told that in any response from them EVER!!) and that they review documents in the order in which they are received.!!! (That I KNOW is not true.). But who can I even talk to about that.???? No one seems to supervise or care what happens at MTL.Anyway I hang in there all of you waiting. Hopefully today they will work with great urgency since they are closed tomorrow. Not sure if they are closed on Friday as well since 4th of July is a Saturday.

Timeline

I feel so bad for us you. The answers are really uncaring.. No empathy. Try not to get discouraged. My hubby was interviewed on 5/5... YEP... 5/5... Received a 221g for missing document never requested by NVC.... We get the documents to them on 5/19 per Loomis delivery note. BUT by their records 5/29. Status changed from AP to READY on 6/2.........We were so excited thinking he would be issued his visas in days and our almost 18 months odyssey would be over. Alas no such luck. Days passed!!! Updates of dates after my inquires but still READY.. Yesterday I sent an inquiry and received a scathing response telling me to stop inquiring. That I have been told it takes 8 (EIGHT) WEEKS to review... (I was never told that in any response from them EVER!!) and that they review documents in the order in which they are received.!!! (That I KNOW is not true.). But who can I even talk to about that.???? No one seems to supervise or care what happens at MTL.Anyway I hang in there all of you waiting. Hopefully today they will work with great urgency since they are closed tomorrow. Not sure if they are closed on Friday as well since 4th of July is a Saturday.

I'm so sorry! That is awful! I agree that Montreal is very sideways, they don't seem to have a proper way of processing or responding. It's awful.

I hope both our visas get printed asap! Also, they are closed tomorrow and Friday, the follow Canada and US holidays. Super lame. I probably won't get a response to my email till next Monday, when I do get a response I'll be sure to share it here.

Timeline

I'm so sorry! That is awful! I agree that Montreal is very sideways, they don't seem to have a proper way of processing or responding. It's awful.

I hope both our visas get printed asap! Also, they are closed tomorrow and Friday, the follow Canada and US holidays. Super lame. I probably won't get a response to my email till next Monday, when I do get a response I'll be sure to share it here.

Wow, are they seriously closed both days? That's unreal lol...

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

Wow, are they seriously closed both days? That's unreal lol...

Yeah it's nice for people who work there but super crappy for us.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This is so heart breaking that we have nothing yet, I am happy for all others who finally can get their life started congratulations, and hopefully Montreal gets us issued soon, and by the way, tomorrow is canada day so they might be closed tomorrow too??

Edited by Aria637

Timeline

Ours is now updated to the 26th but no change other than that, only 4 days behind...lol

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

interview June 2nd. Last update we got was on Thursday saying that the last update was on June 22nd and nothing has changed yet :( I hate Brazil hahaha I know it's a big country with a big population, but come on India has a big population too and they've been getting things done :/

interview June 2nd. Last update we got was on Thursday saying that the last update was on June 22nd and nothing has changed yet :( I hate Brazil hahaha I know it's a big country with a big population, but come on India has a big population too and they've been getting things done :/

How do you know that India is getting things done? :) You and I are technically in a similar situation :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How do you know that India is getting things done? :) You and I are technically in a similar situation :)

Haha well there is a guy from this thread that got his passport back for the spousal visa and on the Facebook page I've also seen many ppl from India say their status is on issue. Of course many of them applied for non immigrant visas. But anyways there really is no rhyme to it huh? :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.