Lights

DL Renewal after GC - California

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm in the state of California... I recently received my GC and need to renew my license as it is only valid for 1 year (EAD/AP).

I'm going to a DMV that's about an hour away because I couldn't get an appointment for the day I can go. Just to make sure I don't get turned away, I want to ensure I have all my documents. Do I need to bring anything other than my current license and green card?

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not know about CA, but in NJ, one needs several "points" worth of Identification. For my wife's State ID (she doesn't want to drive) we brought the following and she was not turned away:

1. Current Passport

2. Birth Certificate

3. AP/EAD Card & Green Card

4. Social Security Card

5. 1 (unopened) Utility Bill with her name on it (Phone Bill)

6. 1 (unopened) Statement from our shared Bank with her name on it

7. Marriage License (receipt) and Marriage Certificate

8. My Birth Certificate and Passport (To prove I am her husband).

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not know about CA, but in NJ, one needs several "points" worth of Identification. For my wife's State ID (she doesn't want to drive) we brought the following and she was not turned away:

1. Current Passport

2. Birth Certificate

3. AP/EAD Card & Green Card

4. Social Security Card

5. 1 (unopened) Utility Bill with her name on it (Phone Bill)

6. 1 (unopened) Statement from our shared Bank with her name on it

7. Marriage License (receipt) and Marriage Certificate

8. My Birth Certificate and Passport (To prove I am her husband).

Wow! Your bc too? I have to bring my husband? What if he can't go because of work? Can I take his bc and passport for him?

TIA!

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm in the state of California... I recently received my GC and need to renew my license as it is only valid for 1 year (EAD/AP).

I'm going to a DMV that's about an hour away because I couldn't get an appointment for the day I can go. Just to make sure I don't get turned away, I want to ensure I have all my documents. Do I need to bring anything other than my current license and green card?

I just brought my temp driver's license, Green Card and Social Security (plus the fee...again). It was renewed for ten years (until my green card expires).

Nothing else.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

** We met unexpectedly while I was traveling in the US, got married and filed for AOS **

(AOS)

03.13.2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-765 and I-485

03.23.2013 - Received NOA's for all three forms; all dated March 21; signed up for USCIS online case status update

03.28.2013 - Received Biometrics appointment for April 16; NOA dated March 26

04.16.2013 - Biometrics taken (No sweat! Only 1 person was before me)

05.01.2013 - Received email for update of case status that it's either scheduled or in line to be scheduled for the interview

05.03.2013 - Received letter for AOS interview appointment for June 7; letter dated April 29

05.23.2013 - EAD approval (email received and USCIS online case status indicated that card is already in production)

05.30.2013 - Received email that card has been mailed today

06.03.2013 - Received EAD in the mail (did not apply for AP since there is no immediate plans of traveling outside US)

06.07.2013 - AOS interview done. APPROVED!

06.13.2013 - Welcome letter received/approval of both I-485 and I-130. Also, got an update that GC is already in the mail.

06.15.2013 - Received GC in the mail!! ?

(Removal of Conditional Status)

05.01.2015 - Sent I-751 packet to California Service Center

05.07.2015 - Received NOA confirming receipt of packet

05.20.2015 - Received biometrics schedule

06.01.2015 - Biometrics taken

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just brought my temp driver's license, Green Card and Social Security (plus the fee...again). It was renewed for ten years (until my green card expires).

Nothing else.

Your DL is valid for 10 YEARS???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.