5 posts in this topic

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed Please find form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence/ Adjust Status, Form I-176 Application for Employment,Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, Form I-864 Affidavit of support and all of supporting documents of (Name).

Contents Include:

· G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition

· Personal Check payable to U.S department of Homeland Security $1,070

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence/ Adjust Status and other supporting documents

· Copy of Applicant’s Passport

· Copy of Applicant’s K-1 Fiance Visa

· Copy of Form I-797, NOA2

· Copy of Form I-94

· Copy of Applicants Birth Certificate in Spanish, along with English version

· Original Marriage Certificate

Form G-325, Biographic Information

· 2 Passport style photos of non-US Citizen Spouse

Form I-693 Vaccination Supplement, only vaccination part is completed

Form 1-131, Application for Travel Document

· Copy of Applicants Passport

· Copy of Applicants K-1 Fiancé Visa

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

· Copy of Applicants Passport

· Copy of Applicants K-1 Fiancé Visa

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and Supporting Documents

· Copy of Taxes and W-2s for the year of 2014, 2013

· Letter explaining why US Citizen Spouse did not file taxes in 2012

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support and Supporting Documents (Joint Sponsor)

· Copy of Joint Sponsor Passport (US Citizen)

· Copy of Joint Sponsors Taxes and W-2s for the year 2014, 2013, 2012

· Copy of Joint Sponsors pay stubs (Total of 7)

Copies of Documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may require to submit documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date.

How does this look? this is for my husband AOS, we are planning to send the documents tomorrow or the day after.

I only have one questions, I am not intending to submit my pay stubs because I just recently updated my marital status and on my latest paychecks I still appear as Single, and it also has my old address. Will I get an RFE for not submitting my paychecks?

Thanks!!

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I don't know if the pay stubs have any info like your SSN through which it could be verified it was you. I would still send them in, personally, with a small note explaining what you just explained here.

Also, I believe a copy of the I-94 is also necessary for both AP and EAD, not just the passport copies.

Good luck. :)

Edited by SparklePony

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Enclosed Please find form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence/ Adjust Status, Form I-176 Application for Employment,Form I-131 Application for Travel Document, Form I-864 Affidavit of support and all of supporting documents of (Name).

You don't need to list the I-864 in the subject section, because the I-864 is a supporting document, not an application you are filing for a benefit. It's the same reason you wouldn't list the G-325A or the I-693. For example:

Please find enclosed Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence / Adjust Status; Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization; Form I-131 Application for Travel Document for [NAME].

The rest of your application looks great! Just to double check, make sure you have the complete copy of ALL tax forms...meaning the 1040 forms, schedules, worksheets, W2s, etc. The alternative is to simply include a tax return transcript.

Also, I believe a copy of the I-94 is also necessary for both AP and EAD, not just the passport copies.

A copy of the I-94 is not required.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I was going by this list, which is a personal list, obviously. Good to know for the future, though, so thank you for that correction.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Thank you both! :)

Should I still add a letter stating why I did not include my pay stubs? I am nervous this will cause a problem or should I just forget about it?

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.