Harlene

Fiance Visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have this very special American man i meet here on internet and because it has been a long time already since i have been waiting for someone to come into my life to care for me to love me respect me completely and that i also fall inlove easily to him as we always chat and talk everyday. He give me a word to do everything for me or both of us to be together forever and live happily at the United States of America. I trust him and i want to help him througn this way because we both want it to make it fast and easy for us in able for me to bring me at The United States of America. Since i dont have any idea too which is the exact and best way i hope anyone from here can give us some advice or good opinion and an instructions to do. I am a Filipina and we never meet yet. He is planning to come this August but is it possible for him to file already a fiance visa for me even though we did not see each other personaly yet? Because if he is already here in my country we want to do everything direct and fast no waste of money and efforts too because i am ashamed that he will be the one to shoulder eveything that is why i want to help him find ways what is best. Please looking forward for some good answers thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You must meet in person first, that's a requirement. You must show proof of meeting, so no getting around that. With that being said, check at the top there tons of guides and you both have plenty of time to review them. I suggest he get on here also as most the legwork is on his end for the first half of the process.

Timeline

Okay i will tell him and thank you so much for that. Because i was thinking that it was just okay for us to see and meet each other personal at first then at the same time do the engagement then get married here in the Philippines then bring me there after couple of months since his planning to stay here for six months. So is it really what we need to do is first step we need to meet and have some photos then that is the time he can file for a petition for fiance visa? Thanm you

^^^ yep true. You can't do anything at the moment til you meet in person. Best you can do is check the requirements and prepare the documents so he can send in the petition as soon as he gets back. Also note, there are some application forms that you have to personally sign. Get those done and have him take it home so you avoid more expenses and prolonged duration by sending it to him when he's already there.

For now that's the best you can do. GL!

Check out our blog at : PolarHoneyBears.com

~ Anime. Guild Wars 2. Minecraft. Art. Tattoos. Photography. Dining. Travel. ~

I've heard fiance visa is faster than spousal visa too...

Edited by alexkimifrank

Check out our blog at : PolarHoneyBears.com

~ Anime. Guild Wars 2. Minecraft. Art. Tattoos. Photography. Dining. Travel. ~

Timeline

Okay i will tell him and thank you so much for that. Because i was thinking that it was just okay for us to see and meet each other personal at first then at the same time do the engagement then get married here in the Philippines then bring me there after couple of months since his planning to stay here for six months. So is it really what we need to do is first step we need to meet and have some photos then that is the time he can file for a petition for fiance visa? Thanm you

If you get married there, than it will be a different visa, right now the CR1 (marriage) takes close to a year, and the K1 (fiancee) can take 3 to 8 months depending on factors, just do reasearch and decide what's best for you both. There are good and bad with both, too numerous to name here.

Timeline

To ALEXKIMIFRANK: thank you so much for that information i will tell him and even let him be here so that he will also know and learn everything than hiring an immigration lawyer that might take advantage to him to ask a lot of money.

To SHAUNEG : Yes that was our first plan to get marry here in the Philippines but then some people also told me that it would be more difficult for us and it will take more longer for us to be completely approve in everything. They told me also its better for us to get married at United States.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

He is planning to come this August

Great

but is it possible for him to file already a fiance visa for me even though we did not see each other personaly yet?

NO

Because if he is already here in my country we want to do everything direct and fast no waste of money and efforts too because i am ashamed that he will be the one to shoulder eveything that is why i want to help him find ways what is best. Please looking forward for some good answers thank you.

Meet in person. Have him bring you the G325A form and Letter of Intent to have you sign and bring back with him. Then he files the 129f petition.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

First thing you need to do is meet in person. You cannot do anything until he comes there in August.

If you want to be together the quickest, then the fiancé visa is the way to go. Our process took less than 4 months. If you marry in the Philippines, you need to file a spousal visa and that could take up to a year.

You can read about the differences between the fiancé and spousal visa here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have this very special American man i meet here on internet and because it has been a long time already since i have been waiting for someone to come into my life to care for me to love me respect me completely and that i also fall inlove easily to him as we always chat and talk everyday. He give me a word to do everything for me or both of us to be together forever and live happily at the United States of America. I trust him and i want to help him througn this way because we both want it to make it fast and easy for us in able for me to bring me at The United States of America. Since i dont have any idea too which is the exact and best way i hope anyone from here can give us some advice or good opinion and an instructions to do. I am a Filipina and we never meet yet. He is planning to come this August but is it possible for him to file already a fiance visa for me even though we did not see each other personaly yet? Because if he is already here in my country we want to do everything direct and fast no waste of money and efforts too because i am ashamed that he will be the one to shoulder eveything that is why i want to help him find ways what is best. Please looking forward for some good answers thank you.

1st requirement for filing is having met in person within the past two years. Can't file until August when your fiance and you have met in person.

You need to prepare two documents (signed), and a copy 2X2 (U.S. style passport photos) for your fiance to take back to the U.S. with him to file the petition. 1) G-325A 2) LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY

If you have been married before your fiance will also need a copy of your annulment. Never married then all the better.

Make sure your fiance keeps copies of his boarding passes (evidence of having met in person), and receipts from purchases while in the Phils.

The K-1 visa is much faster to complete the the spousal visa, especially when you factor in the waiting time for NSO to get a marriage certificate recorded. Staying with the K-1 will be many months faster.

And when you have time pop over to the Philippines forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My wife is Filipino, and I met her in Cebu.

We were together for 2 weeks and we had a visa company do all our paper work for us there. It is only a few hundred dollars, and it was a perfect job. (we used rapid visa)

There are guides on top of the home page, click on it, select either K-1 visa, or CR-1 (spousal) and start studying, on how to prove you spent time with him when he visits.

This is where the visa company came in as they "knew exactly the proof" needed to prove the relationship is real.

I would do it all over, exactly the same way. (PLease note: I am not promoting Rapid Visa, there are some great companies that do the same thing)

After my two week stay, the visa company had a perfect packet to mail to USCIS in Texas.

But, this is a "do it yourself site," and we did our AOS with the help of this site, and the guides section.

Just study the Guides, K-1 and CR-1, and make your decision. IF, you marry in the Phils., then it is definitely a CR-1.

Different visa's for different people. My personal favorite, is the K-1, simply because it takes less time usually. But, some people, have great expectations from their families, and get

married in their country, then the CR-1 is used.

We had a huge engagement party in the Philippines, but ""NO kind of ceremony" (Never do that and try to use K-1, any kind of ceremony can be construed as a marriage, so be careful)

Many family and friends, and we were married here in the USA.

Good luck on your journey, it is not easy, and it is hard, but oh so worth it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.