raven52

A Friend Needs Some Suggestions, What Can Be Done?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My very good friend, the one who took me to the Philippines the first time, is going through his second K-1, as he, "got a bad apple the first time" (she abandoned him, admitted adultery)

but he is divorced from her about 2 years ago.

He got a speedy approval, to a gal I personally know, and met in the Philippines on one of my 8 trips there, to get my wife.

All went well, and the approval of the medical, was fine, then the interview, and she was told she was approved, BUT, she had spent more than 6 months with her sisters in Japan and the officer

gave her a special envelope to give to 2 Go, and send the ""police report"" (from Japan) with her passport, and since it has been "said" to be approved, the passport with the visa would have a speedy delivery

They waited over 2 months for the police report from Japan, to come, and it was immediately forwarded to the embassy, and was placed in the passport, in the special envelope. It was confirmed

delivered to the embassy, and it is becoming not days, but weeks, and have heard nothing from the embassy.

Is there a phone number his fiance can call, the embassy, giver her information (MNL number, etc.) and ask the status of her.,.,"so called approved visa".,.,

This friend of mine deserves a break after his experiences of the last few years. Everyone deserves some happiness sometime in their lives, and his time has come, BUT.,.,..,.,?

Any opinions, what to do, what to expect from the knowledgeable members of VJ would be appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My very good friend, the one who took me to the Philippines the first time, is going through his second K-1, as he, "got a bad apple the first time" (she abandoned him, admitted adultery)but he is divorced from her about 2 years ago.He got a speedy approval, to a gal I personally know, and met in the Philippines on one of my 8 trips there, to get my wife.All went well, and the approval of the medical, was fine, then the interview, and she was told she was approved, BUT, she had spent more than 6 months with her sisters in Japan and the officergave her a special envelope to give to 2 Go, and send the ""police report"" (from Japan) with her passport, and since it has been "said" to be approved, the passport with the visa would have a speedy deliveryThey waited over 2 months for the police report from Japan, to come, and it was immediately forwarded to the embassy, and was placed in the passport, in the special envelope. It was confirmeddelivered to the embassy, and it is becoming not days, but weeks, and have heard nothing from the embassy.Is there a phone number his fiance can call, the embassy, giver her information (MNL number, etc.) and ask the status of her.,.,"so called approved visa".,.,This friend of mine deserves a break after his experiences of the last few years. Everyone deserves some happiness sometime in their lives, and his time has come, BUT.,.,..,.,?Any opinions, what to do, what to expect from the knowledgeable members of VJ would be appreciated.

It quite normally takes weeks when a 221g is issued requesting documents after USEM receives them .... relax... be patient

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank, do you feel that a 221g was issued, even though the officer told her she had passed the interview? She told my buddy, that they just needed her "clean" police report from Japan, and they would issue the visa.

But, it makes sense to me that some kind of document would have to be given to her, to send back when she got the police report.

That WOULD be a 221g. It makes sense.

Thanks to you helping me and my wife many times in 2102-2013, we have been happily married for 2 years and will go for Roc, in October.

But, for Bob, my bud.,.,,..he has suffered enough, "married a bad apple" and now has a great gal, waited 2 months for the police report, now is in AP. This journey is never smooth!

Doubt if you remember it, but we went through VSC, and my wife got caught up in the "sputum fiasco" that used to exist at St. Luke's. Cost us almost 3 months! What a farce, crooked doctors there

We all know ""YOU"" are the Filipino expert, with what you know about this 221g, (police report) CEAC says processed May 29.,..,heard nothing.

Would you venture a guess as to how long this will be in AP?

I just need to try to tell Bob, something,,.,.maybe affirmative, what is your guess for being in AP for this police report? Has the visa been approved, if it is in AP?

Thanks for your time, and expertise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank, do you feel that a 221g was issued, even though the officer told her she had passed the interview? She told my buddy, that they just needed her "clean" police report from Japan, and they would issue the visa.

But, it makes sense to me that some kind of document would have to be given to her, to send back when she got the police report.

That WOULD be a 221g. It makes sense.

Thanks to you helping me and my wife many times in 2102-2013, we have been happily married for 2 years and will go for Roc, in October.

But, for Bob, my bud.,.,,..he has suffered enough, "married a bad apple" and now has a great gal, waited 2 months for the police report, now is in AP. This journey is never smooth!

Doubt if you remember it, but we went through VSC, and my wife got caught up in the "sputum fiasco" that used to exist at St. Luke's. Cost us almost 3 months! What a farce, crooked doctors there

We all know ""YOU"" are the Filipino expert, with what you know about this 221g, (police report) CEAC says processed May 29.,..,heard nothing.

Would you venture a guess as to how long this will be in AP?

I just need to try to tell Bob, something,,.,.maybe affirmative, what is your guess for being in AP for this police report? Has the visa been approved, if it is in AP?

Thanks for your time, and expertise.

The 221g wass sent in an email now a days, not issued at the interview. All will be fine, the embassy has the police certificate, now just need to be patient, and yes I know this can be difficult, but in a short time this will be a memory...

Remember Friday, June 12th is a holiday in the Philippines, Independence Day. Add one more day of waiting to your friends collection.

I would not even try to guess when a visa will be issued, but their status has went from AP to READY and now back to AP that is a good sign actually, hopefully they will see ISSUED soon.

Your buddy should give the house a good cleaning, take his mind off things for awhile... not that he could clean it good enough... ain't happening! :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.