raghucbz

Where are the May 2015 filers at?

387 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congrats! Hopefully you will get it all done before November.

My interview went well but my case is being held for review which I knew the outcome of it. Hopefully I will hear good news within a week.

Got a new update after my interview. Got a letter from my attorney that they need a official marriage certificate. My marriage certificate wasn't certified. That's the only document they need. I have to wait til Tuesday coz Monday is closed for Columbus Day.

Email received this morning to say our interview has been scheduled for 18th November - the nerves have really increased now!

11/07/2017 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

11/13/2017 - I-751 delivered to CSC

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

11/17/2017 - Received NOA Letter

11/17/2017 - Date of Biometrics Letter

11/24/2017 - Biometrics Letter received

12/08/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Date

08/16/2018 - 18 month extension letter received (dated 08/11/2018)

02/12/2019 - New Card is being Produced

02/22/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got a new update after my interview. Got a letter from my attorney that they need a official marriage certificate. My marriage certificate wasn't certified. That's the only document they need. I have to wait til Tuesday coz Monday is closed for Columbus Day.

We are in the same boat, did you send the document by mail? or in person? I only needed my husband's birth certificate and for that reason my I-130 didn't get approved, my lawyer sent in the document almost 3 weeks ago and still no response :crying: hope we hear good news soon!

Email received this morning to say our interview has been scheduled for 18th November - the nerves have really increased now!

Congrats hixsy!

(L) My AOS Timeline (F)

05/15/15 AOS package sent

05/19/15 AOS Received by USCIS

06/01/15 NOA's hardcopies

06/06/15 Bios notice,appt. scheduled 06/19

06/19/15 Biometrics done

07/28/15 EAD Approved!

08/01/15 EAD Approval letter

08/06/15 Interview letter,scheduled 09/17!!!

08/10/15 EAD card received

09/17/15 Interview: RFE for I130, I-485 pending

09/28/15 RFE response sent to local office

11/02/15 text msg and email: I-130 and I-485 Approved!

11/06/15 Green card in hand

11/09/15 received Welcome letter and approval notice

Nothing on interview for me yet, sorry guys no update on my end but I something would come up soon. Good luck to those who have interviews and those who are waiting like. Also to those who need good news after interviews it will surely come. Stay strong people

Timeline

Congrats and good luck.

Timeline

We are in the same boat, did you send the document by mail? or in person? I only needed my husband's birth certificate and for that reason my I-130 didn't get approved, my lawyer sent in the document almost 3 weeks ago and still no response :crying: hope we hear good news soon!

Congrats hixsy!

Hey Rachel90. I just received my certified marriage certificate today in the mail (thurs) and I made copies to give to my attorney n he will sent it same day from fedEx for Friday. Have to mail it, wish he could take it in person coz the immigration is just around the corner from my attorneys office. ?. I will keep u guys updated to see how long I will wait. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully you will hear good news on your I130. They will approve it after they receive your husbands birth cert. Maybe next week.

Timeline

Congrats hixsy!

Hey Rachel90. I just received my certified marriage certificate today in the mail (thurs) and I made copies to give to my attorney n he will sent it same day from fedEx for Friday. Have to mail it, wish he could take it in person coz the immigration is just around the corner from my attorneys office. ?. I will keep u guys updated to see how long I will wait. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully you will hear good news on your I130. They will approve it after they receive your husbands birth cert. Maybe next week.

Did the status change from rfe received to interview scheduled directly ?

Yea it did, they received the RFE on 26th June and updated the website on 5th July and it had remained as "RFE received" until yesterday.

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

Hi everyone, I had my interview today, got out an hour ago. The person that did our interview wasn't mean but wasn't very nice either. Another inspector was there to observe her (maybe a new employee). My husband and I don't have a common bank account or anything of that sort so I think they didn't really like that. I brought utility bills, lease and pictures, she only took the ones that had our family members in them (not friends). They also asked the yes/no questions on the form and how/where we had met and if we had met each other's families. She made us sign a document regarding the I-751 at the end and spoke about sending the card etc.

Overall I don't feel too well about the interview I thought it would have gone better than that! But I received an email shortly after that said my card was in production. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but does it mean we got approved? The reason why I am asking is that I haven't received a notification for the I-130 saying we got approved nor did the I-130 status change online. The I-485 status was changed immediately to "new card in production".

Anyone can help? Or should I not be worried?

07/21/2017 Package shipped

I really hope you're right !!

It was A paper that says you have to apply to remove conditions within 90 days of expiration.

It gives me a little hope, as we don't have much evidence due to the fact we are wanting to make a big move once all this is sorted. We haven't been able to put me on the lease as they wanted to sign a new contract for another year (which is not great when we want to move asap)

I am hopeful these interviews are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, as due to my husbands personal circumstances, we don't really go out much. I'm really fretting they will give us a hard time at the interview.

The card being in production sounds positive Lara.

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

Timeline

Hi everyone, I had my interview today, got out an hour ago. The person that did our interview wasn't mean but wasn't very nice either. Another inspector was there to observe her (maybe a new employee). My husband and I don't have a common bank account or anything of that sort so I think they didn't really like that. I brought utility bills, lease and pictures, she only took the ones that had our family members in them (not friends). They also asked the yes/no questions on the form and how/where we had met and if we had met each other's families. She made us sign a document regarding the I-751 at the end and spoke about sending the card etc.

Overall I don't feel too well about the interview I thought it would have gone better than that! But I received an email shortly after that said my card was in production. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but does it mean we got approved? The reason why I am asking is that I haven't received a notification for the I-130 saying we got approved nor did the I-130 status change online. The I-485 status was changed immediately to "new card in production".

Anyone can help? Or should I not be worried?

Congrats Lara! Your been approved??

Thanks everyone!!!! This group has been such a great help throughout!!

So for your interview, I recommend you bring pictures with family, any kind of joint insurance or joint bank account. She did take notes on everything she asked so even if you don't have stuff like that you can explain your situation. For example she really wanted a joint bank account, but I told her we don't have one because we send each other money through our phones (app). She was pretty salty about it and said "oh so if he dies then you won't have any money because he won't be able to send it to you through the app anymore!" Hahaha I was like ??? She took utility bills and 2 affidavits of support from friends, (she hesitated on that one because I know people can just write whatever...) But she still took them.

Other than that it was pretty breezy... You guys can be confident!!

Good luck to everyone !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.