Mona_hisham

Paper return delay

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I passed the interview in US embassy in cairo for dv lottery 2015. It was last 27 may.

till now we are still waiting for the passports!!!!

we called the embassy staff, chatted with them online and every time they inform that they are responsible for non immigration visa.

I send to consularcairoiv@state.gov and no one answered.

tried to check my visa status check and responded with invalid case NO.

Tried passport status check and write like (no updates for this passport)

I am afraid. What does it mean? And what can I do to know? Shall I go to the embassy?

Filed: Timeline

There is no way going to the Embassy will get you any information -- you wil not be allowed entry without an appointment. You could try e-mailing again. However, when you say you interview was "last May 27", you mean May 27, 2015, riht? If so, it's been less than two weeks since your interview -- and only five or six business days. That's not an unexpected amount of processing time for the final processes to take place, the visa printed, the package prepared, and it sent to the courier company. I, personally, would give it a few more days before I panicked about anything.

If you actually meant last May 27th (May 27, 2014), that's a different story completely.

Edited by jan22

Timeline

I'm also at the same situation, my interview was on 31-5 and until now didn't receive passport, I emailed them and they told me they waiting for visa numbers to issue your visa.

Don't know what that mean, try email them again and they will respond remember to mention your case number and name and keep us updated!

Edited by sheri1983

Timeline

tried to check my visa status check and responded with invalid case NO.

Tried passport status check and write like (no updates for this passport)

try to write your case number after deleting 000 like that 2015AF15XXX

the passport status appears to me like yours, hope for you and me the best.

Timeline

try to write your case number after deleting 000 like that 2015AF15XXX

the passport status appears to me like yours, hope for you and me the best.

I sent them twice more and no response.

In visa status check, I removed 000 as you adviced it appeared like 2015AF15XXX 01 CRO. ready

What it means?

Edited by Mona_hisham

Timeline

I sent them twice more and no response.

In visa status check, I removed 000 as you adviced it appeared like 2015AF15XXX 01 CRO. ready

What it means?

The same for mine it appears the same, probably ready for visa I'm worried like you.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm also at the same situation, my interview was on 31-5 and until now didn't receive passport, I emailed them and they told me they waiting for visa numbers to issue your visa.

Don't know what that mean, try email them again and they will respond remember to mention your case number and name and keep us updated!

i hope you got yr passport with the visa

i need yr help

for the usd 330 fees per person for DV 2015...do i pay it at US Embassy in Cairo at the date of interview or through CIB bank before the interview

Timeline

Yes inside the embassy and it is better to have Dr dollars because one dollar equal to 8 pounds. Good luck

Thanks ..wish you luck too ...can you contact me by email info@ictfreight.com ..i need some clarifications please

Edited by waelalex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.