Project_Harajuku

Proving how we met when we lived in the same country

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello! So my fiancé and I are currently going through the K1 application form and I have a question about providing evidence. Before he left my fiancé lived in Japan (which is where I am still residing) and that was how we met. As a result we don't have any flight tickets etc because we were fortunate enough to just be a train ride away from each other. We do however have hotel receipts and and a number of pictures and a whole lot of messages. We also have copies of his military orders proving his prior residence in Japan. Will that be enough? He only recently proposed after he left Japan so we weren't "gathering" evidence before then or saving a lot of receipts.

I just get nervous when I think that my evidence isn't enough but then I think it should be since he actually lived here. Your thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, show a copy of the military orders, and lease agreement, bills, receipts, etc. to prove he actually lived in Japan. He should also have his passport stamped from entering Japan too. Send a copy of that. Supplement with photos of you together. Any in front of landmarks and with friends and family are good to add.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thank you for responding! I never thought of providing bills etc while he was living here, you have a good point. Hopefully he hasn't thrown them all out but he also has online statements of utility bill deductions so we can use that as a backup as well as a signed affidavit from his CO stating that he resided in Japan up until March.

I'm always so nervous when it comes to putting paperwork together. Lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.