SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank u for your answer , but i have one more q .

do u know why u waited almost three month at the nvc ?

and how long it takes after your case approved to get visa in hand?

thank u

Timeline

Your welcome?....it was 5 months and a half to be exact when we were approved. . Each case is different but i will tell you that there was a group if us ..many waiting those months and more. It really depends on them. If. Have made everything perfect and all your docs are fine. You should not worry on your side. Just keep calling. When our case was closed on Aug 15. They gave my husband interview date for october 27. So u have an idea for timeframe. Dont feel bad to ask...thats the reason why we are here. We all needed each other at one time or another. ?

Timeline
thanks really I appreciate your help

i have another quick q . does u have a different age u and your husband?

we only worry about that . and hope we did not miss any docs

Timeline

My husband got his visa in hand 6 days after interview on nov 2...... After the interview its pretty fast and the delivery of passport is quick. They xall u to advise it arrived and u pik it up at the location u choose.

Timeline

Thank you very much. Yes we are very happy we married 3 years ago and i traveled to jordan 3 times during our process. In spite it was a very long process and sad times ...it was worth being patient. Now we are enjoying our life together?Alhamdulillah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

alsalam alykom ,hello everyone ,

i need help really !....

me and my wife , we have been waiting the nvc 67 days ago and not approved yet !

so today my wife called them , the lady said the case takes that long because we applied cr1 and k3 ,

and we did apply that after we got married

than my wife asked to talk with the supervisor they told her we will call u beck .

now i wanna understand what's going on , what we have to do ? what will happend? please anyone same have same case or have idea about it ?

i have a headache i swaer! :cry:

please help guys !

Thanks in advance.

Sambecka17 okay this isn't normal. For them to say you have a CR1 and K3. They are to close one (usually the K3). You need to call them first thing monday and ask what path are you taking. Have you even begun processing? You have no timeline so I have no idea where you are in the process at NVC.

This will help also. Thank you.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The K3 has been closed...we're doing the CR1. My wife said that the last person she spoke to could see that the K3 and CR1 were merged (via "administrative processing").

She doesn't know what you mean by where are we in the process at NVC - we sent in the AOS on November 25th (via email), and the Ds-260 a month prior (online). We are waiting for them to be reviewed. My wife said that they will be reviewed together. ?? Not sure about that how that works. No one seems to be able to tell her what is happening, other than to "wait" and say they can see we submitted the "mail" (email) in November.

Timeline

We Applied in April/May 2015 w/USCIS, first for CR1, then for K3 (Spouse). The CR1 was approved in August, the K3 in September.

The Ds-260 was submitted to NVC in October 2015, the AOS Submitted November (25th).

After the initial 42 days, the case was submitted to a supervisor. That was on January 5th, 2016.

It was submitted again to a supervisor (2nd time) on 02/05/2016 - with a note saying this is the 2nd time it was submitted.

...over our many calls to the NVC, we have heard so many different things...

~Almost ever time "we don't know what's going on with your case for sure, just wait"

~We have heard it was held up because it was going to Amman, which does electronic processing, so that takes longer to convert the files/mail to the electronic system.

~I have heard that that converting files = more time was just "speculation" on one of the rep's part.

~I have also heard, the files are already electronic, because I sent them in via email as an attachment (DS-260 online).

~I have heard (by a man who was sooo rude and didn't let me ask any questions!!) that they didn't receive our AOS - so I have to submit that... although there was mail received on 11/25/2015. (I later clarified with a different rep, that if that's what I sent on the 25th, then that's what's waiting to be reviewed.

~My latest talk with the NVC came up with a new one... they could see that the Approved CR1 Petition and Approved K3 spouse petitions were "merged" by additional "administrative processing, to ensure no papers submitted were lost, as a possible reason as to why it's taken longer than normal. (but CR1 is in effect - K3 is "dead")

~The same rep was the one that re-submitted the AOS to the Supervisor a 2nd time w/the note.

~As of this day, I have been waiting one week and one day for a supervisor call back...none yet. I was ensured I'm still going to get the supervisor call back - but "there's no time frame" .

~~~~~is any of this the same with anyone else?

has anyone ever had any of these things happen?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.