Laz

IR-2: After the AOS Fee is paid...?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Petitioning for my step son in the Philippines (IR-2). I've done the DS-261 (Agent) and paid the AOS fee (paid 06-02-15). I'm filling out the I-864EZ. The IV Fee is at $0 and grayed out.

When will the IV Fee be invoice? Am I supposed to send in the AOS documents (I-864EZ) to the NVC now so that it lets me pay the IV Fee, or am I supposed to wait until the IV Fee is invoice to send all the required documents at the same time? I want to make sure I'm following process but their site is a little confusing (at least to me).

Thanks,

Laz

Timeline

I sent out both the AOS and supporting docs at the same time while waiting for the IV fee to be invoiced. NVC takes about 30 days to review your docs so save some time while waiting for the IV fee.

Hi! What is your "priority date"? And what service center was your child's petition sent to? Thank u

2007 - Came back from the U.S.2008 - Met Nic (L)November 27,2009 - Had first daughter :goofy: - June 19,2010 - Got Married at a Church (F) - February 2011 - CRBA my first child at US Embassy Manila and officially a dual Citizen Baby October 12,2011 - Had our 2nd child/son :dancing:August 23,2013 - Petitioned NicAugust 30,2013 - Petition APPROVED :thumbs: October 2013 - Received Approval letterOctober 2013 - Received Packet 3 + Case NumberJanuary 2014 - Moving foward with DS-260January 2014 - Problem 1: thought we didn't have a case number coz we were looking for a NVC number -_- Took 3 months to noticed we already had it in our hands :bonk: April 2014 - Problem 2: Wrong input of the applicants birthday on their system, and didn't notice it until this month... <_< :bonk: :idea:May 2,2014 - Out of no where, i tried the wrong birthday and POOF! Finished the form right away, by the way. DS-260 = DONE!!! :content: :idea: May 9,2014 - Finally found an available slot for VISA INTERVIEW! Yeyy!! :dancing: May 15,2014 - Wrong birthday finally corrected - USEM just received our DS-260 Form which was done 2 weeks ago :clock: [Next should be setting the interview and medical and doing CRBA for 2nd child... :clock: Hoping my husband will get his visa in a month because I need to leave for U.S. by July because we are having our 3rd child this October 2014 :dancing: ] May 28,2014 - Medical at SLEC = PASSED!!! June 6,2014 - Interview at USEM = ?????? - CRBA <p> (L)(L)(L)

Timeline

Kparz,

The I-130 was approved by the Nebraska USCIS so I'm guessing I sent it there (can't actually remember). As far as priority date, I think it's immediate as it's an IR-2 (actually a CR-2) since it's an immediate family.

Laz

Timeline

I think I misunderstood your question. I filled for the I-130 on March 4, 2015 and it had a priority date of March 2nd, 2015. It was approved on April 17th but it took 4-5 weeks to be sent to the NVC. Paid the AOS fee and completed the D-261. Just yesterday I got an email that they have accepted the D-261 and I'm now the official agent. Also got my receipt for the IV Processing fee but when I go online it's still at $0 and grayed out. I'm going to go ahead and send all the documents today anyway.

Laz

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hi Laz,

Your invoices might have been generated, they may have "forgotten" to send you your invoices.

About 2 weeks ago, I send all AOF supporting documents by email to the NVC, and then 2 days later I called NVC and asked when will I get my invoice. The officer told me to wait and she also said that the invoice is generated by a "program". However, about 2 hours after my call, I got my invoice in my email account, and on the invoice the invoice date is a few days before my call.

So calling NVC might be a good try to get your invoice.

Timeline

Lane24,

Yes, it should only be NBI from the Philippines. I think if he has a criminal record you also have to any Court and Prison records. Anyway, my step son just got the NBI a couple of days ago and I shipped all the documents today.

Laz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Laz and Lanel24, what I-864 form did you use for your child? Because my husband is also petitioning our 4 yr.old son and we are confused what form to be used. Thank you

Timeline

Hi Laz and Lanel24, what I-864 form did you use for your child? Because my husband is also petitioning our 4 yr.old son and we are confused what form to be used. Thank you

I did the I-864ez since I was petitioning only one person (my step-son) and using only my income for the Affidavit of Support. If your husband's income meets the minimum requirements and it's just for your son use the I-864EZ, otherwise I believe you'll have to use the normal I-864.

Laz

You have to wait for the DS-261 to be added to the casefile before the IV fee will be available to pay.

Which it probably has by now.. just noted the date on the thread. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

All,

I just got the below today (about two weeks after I paid my IV fees and filled out the DS-261). It does not say it's been approved but it says an interview will be scheduled. I'm a little confused. I thought once the NVC approved it, it was up to the applicant in the Philippines to schedule the interview. Anybody know?

22-JUL-15

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.