fellaamazing

Medical: Decisions... Decisions.....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I emailed Dr. Ian Zatzman office, if they have any US affiliate or some way to reduce my time out of work. They refused, and said they recommend taking 2 weeks off from work.

I checked website for Medisys Corporate Health LP. Although the Montreal.pdf shows that clinic to be in Montreal, but the website claims that they do their immigration medicals in Toronto and Vancouver as well. Can I pick their Toronto office and expect results in 3 days?

Vaccinations: (Should I get them all in US, so that my insurance pay portion of the price for them, or would that be included in the cost of medical in Canada?)

Diphtheria toxoids
Haemophilus Influenza Type B (Hib)
Hepatitis A (immune, no documentation)
Hepatitis B (immune, no documentation)
Influenza (Dec-18-2014)
Measles (Had in childhood.. immune probably)
Meningococcal (Probably taken in 2008)
Mumps
Pertussis
Pneumococcal
Polio (Probably in childhood. No documentation)
Rotavirus
Rubella
Tetanus (2007)
Varicella

========

My son, almost 2 years old have all the vaccinations required by Michigan's law. He only got one dose of polio vaccination when he was born in India. My regular doctor doesn't care about giving more of it to him at all till 2017, nor required by Michigan. Following I can't find in his record:

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pertussis

Rubella

Tetanus

Should I ask our primary doctor to give him all those too?

As for using the Toronto Medisys office, sadly probably not...... :( From what I've read, we're only allowed to use one of the 5 panel physicians they have listed.... It appears only the Montreal office is "licensed" to do the immigration medicals....

I just booked with Dr. Lee in Scarborough.... they charge $35 to courier the results back to me here in Windsor....

And yes you will need to get the vax prior to the medical especially if you have some coverage. I hear they charge a small fortune to do them at the time of the medical. I don't think you can get all of them the same day... If you need the full run of them, talk to your doc and start now.

You can also get a titre test. A simple blood draw to check your immunization levels... for example if you've ever had chicken pox, you may not need to get that vaccine as you've already got the antibodies....

(edit to add) I had the titre test back in January and the doc gave me a copy for my records. It will serve as proof at the medical as well......

Best of luck!!

Edited by ChristinaG

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Timeline

Thanks for your input.

I also heard back from Dr. Lyndon. The clinic prepares the results in 5 business days. Compared to Dr. Ian's office which said 5 to 7 business days.

Since Dr. Lee don't have an email address, I won't know first hand what is their processing time.

At-least with medical in Toronto, we can go back to Windsor and stay at my parents rather than hotels.

My Medical is June 16th with Dr. Lee.... I asked the receptionist and was told it will $35 to courier the results back to us in Windsor for all (not each).... we will be leaving Windsor at about 3:30~ish in the morning and driving home the same day..... :P

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Okay for a child that you're describing:

12-23 MONTHS
DTP (may include DT) - Please ensure babies have all vaccines
Polio (IPV or OPV)
Hib
MMR Measles, Mumps, Rubella. ("MR" and "MM" are not enough. You need MMR)
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Pneumococcal
Influenza (only required during October - February, annually)
Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed

For an adult under the age of 50

19-26 YEARS
Tdap (Adacel or Boosterix) - ensure you get Tdap not just Td
27-49 YEARS
Tdap (Adacel or Boosterix) - ensure you get Tdap not just Td

You need proof of immunity or vaccination records.

http://www.drgulzarcheema.com/index-3.html

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Dr. Lyndon has a little different list.

http://www.visadoctor.ca/usa

My son will be 2 this month. He does have all recommended vaccinations according to Michigan's law. But one of them from Dr. Lyndon's list Prevnar is something I don't find any record of.

Plus Dr. Lyndon office clearly told their office don't provide vaccinations, so I should have them before.

For myself, I dropped a message to my doctor. Let's see if he can get me more vaccinations.

2-4 is different than 12-23 months. It's important to note when the medical will take place in relation to the child's age. In the end what matters is what they they can check off on their vaccination sheet. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693.pdf

2-4 YEARS
DTP (may include DT)
Polio (IPV or OPV)
Hib
Hepatitis B
Pneumococcal

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.