ChristinaG

Anyone working in (Michigan) Insurance (Home & Auto)?

2 posts in this topic

Hi peeps,

As we get closer to the end (yay) of the CR1 process, I am looking into getting my license in Michigan for home and auto insurance (Property & Casualty).

I've worked in the Insurance industry for 8 years now, and I'm thinking the transition to a new market won't be too difficult.... (I hope).....

Anyone doing this now?

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did take the exams in Colorado, obviously some of the terminology is different but basic principals are basic principals.

I did have some dealing with Canadian Insurance programmes years ago but have forgotten the differences so I am sure they will be some new stuff to learn.

From a practical perspective product design and marketing are very different and I was surprised about how highly regulated it is.

The exams reminded me more of the Driving Test here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.