JM&JM

Please help NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On May 29, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRC159*********, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

WHAT'S THAT MEAN ?I CALLED THEM AND I WAIT 1 HOUR AND 30 MINS AND WHEN SOMEONE ANSWER SHE SAID THEY DIDINT RECEIVED IT AND IT TOOK 35 DAYS TILL THEY RECEIVE IT

HOW LONG IT TOOK USUALLY TILL THEY RECIVE IT AFTER THIS MASSGE FROM USCIS

AND WHEN I WELL BE ABLE TO GET MY NEW CASE NUMBER ,DOES THEY SENT IT TO ME AS MASSGE OR I NEED TO CALL EVERYDAY TO CHEACK IF THEY RECEIVED IT AND I GOT A NEW CASE NUMBER ??

THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is for K1? It means that they have sent your packet to the embassy for processing on that end. The national visa center is only half of the process. The embassy will receive it soon and begin processing it on their end (interview, medical, visa issuance, etc.). I don't think this is something to be worried about. Totally normal. Department of State is the authority over embassies and consular services.

Sorry I didn't answer your question. We did our processing through Egypt and they did notify us that the embassy received our package about 10-15 days after we got this message that you just got.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We had to wait 36 days before the NVC received our petition. I started calling them after two weeks.

Edit: Sorry. I was confused by your post. I think your petition has left the NVC and is on its way to embassy/consulate.

Edited by RobRod

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It has to be at NVC. That is what department of state is.

Keep calling them again and again. They might give you a new number, different from what you got from USCIS.

You can also contact the consulate your case would process in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.