isaacb20

Citizenship Application

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Vjers,

i am married to a US citizen for 6years now and i immigrated in to the country second week on october 2012.I would like to know if i have to wait till second week of October 2015 before applying for citizenship or i can apply on an earlier date.Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Have you been a permanent resident for at least 3 years?

Uscis has more legal info here http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/naturalization-spouses-us-citizens

Edited by evapaula

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

also, look up section E here http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter3.html
you can apply 90 days before ​t​he ​date youwould first ​me​e​t the ​required three-year period ​of continuous residence​.​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I will be a permanent resident for 3years in October.i just want to know if i can apply for citizenship on an earlier date or i have to wait till October which i will be three years permanent resident.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Isaacb20, you can apply for citizenship 90 days before your 3 years anniversary of being permanent resident. Use this link and calculate when you are eligible to apply for your citizenship...http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html Good luck to you.

" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My Timeline

Entered the USA on July 22nd, 1999 on B1/B2 (I-94 valid through January 2000)
Second marriage to the Love of my life on August 5th, 2006
Son born on September 30th, 2007
Son born on August 26th, 2009
Deported/Removed from the US on August 19th, 2010
Filed an I-824 (01-06-2011)
I-824 Approved (01-21-2011) and Forwarded to NBC
Email From The NVC (02-07-2011) Case Received and Case Number Assigned
AOS and IV invoices fees on February 11th, 2011
AOS and IV invoices fees pay on February 14th, 2011
AOS and IV Documents requested by the NVC on February 15th, 2011
AOS and IV Documents sent to the NVC on February 28th, 2011
Case closed on March 15th and Sent to US Consulate - VISA INTERVIEW ON MAY 4TH, 2011 AT 7:30AM
VISA DENIED FOR UNLAWFULL PRESENCE ONE YEAR OR MORE (QUALIFY FOR WAIVER)
Waiver of Inadmissibility filed on May 11th, 2011 in Yaounde, Cameroon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I will be a permanent resident for 3years in October.i just want to know if i can apply for citizenship on an earlier date or i have to wait till October which i will be three years permanent resident.

You can send in your application 90 days before the 3rd anniversary of the Resident Since date on your application IF:

1- your spouse has been a citizen for 3 full years on the day that you apply

AND

2- you have been married for 3 full years on the day that you apply

AND

3- you meet the physical presence and continuous residence requirements described in the USCIS naturalization guide (M476)

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.