londonbreakdown

Passport Type Photos

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I have another silly question that I have been getting a lot of mixed answers on.

My fiance and I are applying for a fiance visa, him being a UK citizen me being a US citizen, with the intentions of him moving to the US permanently. My question is about the photos we need to send in. I know for the initial application, the i-129f, needs one passport type photo, and then for his medical and the interview he will need two more photos. Are those the only three photos we will need? Or will we need more passport type photos? My biggest question though is about the size. Should they be US passport sized or UK passport sized? Does it matter? Should the one with the application be US sized and the other two UK sized?

Thank you in advanced for you input!

Hello,

I have another silly question that I have been getting a lot of mixed answers on.

My fiance and I are applying for a fiance visa, him being a UK citizen me being a US citizen, with the intentions of him moving to the US permanently. My question is about the photos we need to send in. I know for the initial application, the i-129f, needs one passport type photo, and then for his medical and the interview he will need two more photos. Are those the only three photos we will need? Or will we need more passport type photos? My biggest question though is about the size. Should they be US passport sized or UK passport sized? Does it matter? Should the one with the application be US sized and the other two UK sized?

Thank you in advanced for you input!

For the I-129F you will need one US sized passport photo for yourself and one for your fiancé.

For the medical you will now need 4 passport photos for your fiancé. These can be of either kind US/UK.

Your fiancé will need a UK sized passport photo for their Police Certificate they must obtain.

And finally for the interview the fiancé will need a US sized passport photo.

Before the fiance's interview they must also fill out the DS160 online, and upload a US size photo.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/ post three was recently updated to reflect the medical's new rules for 4 photographs.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

As far as size goes--

If it is going to the US government (USCIS or US embassy) then it needs to be US size.

If it is going to a UK agency (police certificate or medical) then UK size.

Actually the medical people will take either size as long as all four are alike.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.