ambrolla

Visa interview. Can't schedule it

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi!

My boyfriend tried to schedule visa interview since the status on CEAC is "ready" but embassy wrote him an email and said that they did not receive any documents yet. The status "ready" was on the 19th on May.

Why is that?

And what to do now?

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi!

My boyfriend tried to schedule visa interview since the status on CEAC is "ready" but embassy wrote him an email and said that they did not receive any documents yet. The status "ready" was on the 19th on May.

Why is that?

And what to do now?

I called NVC with the same type of question and was told the system says that as soon as they send the package out to the embassy. It is not accurate, ours was sent on the 18th and the CEAC site says ready but the consulate does not have the package or has not opened it yet.

All we can do is wait. I did see that some embassies allow scheduling of interviews before they have the package, if you tell them the system says "Ready" but that has not been possible for us.

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent: 11/20/2014

I-129F NOA1: 11/26/2014

I-129F NOA2: 04/27/2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy: 04/29/2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC: 05/06/2015

NVC received: 5/12/2015 (in "Pre-sort")

NVC assigned case number: 05/14/2015

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/18/2015

Embassy received: 05/25/2015

Packet 3 received: 05/28/2015

Medical: 05/25/2015

Interview: 06/08/2015

VISA issued:

Arrival in US:

Timeline

I called NVC with the same type of question and was told the system says that as soon as they send the package out to the embassy. It is not accurate, ours was sent on the 18th and the CEAC site says ready but the consulate does not have the package or has not opened it yet.

All we can do is wait. I did see that some embassies allow scheduling of interviews before they have the package, if you tell them the system says "Ready" but that has not been possible for us.

Well, I'm pretty sure that my documents are in Russia already. But when we called to the embassy, some lady didn't even know what a k-1 visa is.

We sent an email to embassy but that's so weird, I didn't think that there would be a problem with an interview and stuff

I'm the petitioner

• NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015

Green card:

Timeline

It takes a little time to send it to Russia and then they have to open it and process it. Then you have weekends and holidays that NO works . A lot of people on Visajourney site I think believe that they are the only one that the State/Embassy has to deal with. I just read about someone so upset about not being notified yet about the money they sent and come to find out it left Guam for the US 3 days ago. They were told 3-5 days for it to arrive but they never think about processing at the office. Then they start calling and jamming the phone lines. I have heard that they get 2000 packets a day at State Department etc.. If it is two weeks out then I would start to call.....Good Luck

Timeline

It takes a little time to send it to Russia and then they have to open it and process it. Then you have weekends and holidays that NO works . A lot of people on Visajourney site I think believe that they are the only one that the State/Embassy has to deal with. I just read about someone so upset about not being notified yet about the money they sent and come to find out it left Guam for the US 3 days ago. They were told 3-5 days for it to arrive but they never think about processing at the office. Then they start calling and jamming the phone lines. I have heard that they get 2000 packets a day at State Department etc.. If it is two weeks out then I would start to call.....Good Luck

Well, we waited for 9 days already (ok, 6 business days). But I just hope it will not just sit there up until July or August. lol. That's all

I'm the petitioner

• NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015

Green card:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.