Janelle2002

Some see differences between perceptions of Waco, Baltimore

195 posts in this topic

all the excuse making in the world doesn't change what would've happened if this had been a quick shooting situation between bloods and crips.

Hello!!! Thank you!

If this had been an all black shoot out, they would have called in the army, navy and the marines!!

Most shootings, regardless of who the suspects are, are over quickly without further incident.

do you think that if instead of between two biker gangs, this was between say the latin kings and ms13, things would have played out in the same manner?

do you think that if instead of between two biker gangs, this was between say the latin kings and ms13, things would have played out in the same manner?

That would depend on how the gangs reacted to the police presence. As you see in Waco the gangs were subdued and fighting stopped pretty quickly. If the Latin Kings and MS13 behaved in the same manner, then yes it would have played out the same.

That would depend on how the gangs reacted to the police presence. As you see in Waco the gangs were subdued and fighting stopped pretty quickly. If the Latin Kings and MS13 behaved in the same manner, then yes it would have played out the same.

i don't believe that. i'd really like to understand how you can believe that. i'm being serious.

If the shootout was like Waco, of course it would have been. Only if was the street gangs, they would have dispersed before the cops got there. The National Guard isn't deployed as fast as a 911 call. These incidents are of very short duration, something Baltimore or Ferguson were not. Why is that so hard to see? The handling of Waco had nothing to do with race.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

The police arrested over 180 people.

After the played on their cell phones, had sex in the bathroom, ordered burgers and gave the cops high fives. They should have been handcuffed throughout the whole investigation until they were all put in the back of the cruisers.

Edited by Janelle2002

If the shootout was like Waco, of course it would have been. Only if was the street gangs, they would have dispersed before the cops got there. The National Guard isn't deployed as fast as a 911 call. These incidents are of very short duration, something Baltimore or Ferguson were not. Why is that so hard to see? The handling of Waco had nothing to do with race.

i'm not talking about calling in the national guard, i wouldn't expect that.

i'm also not saying that waco was about race. i'm saying that law enforcement handles situations involving minorities or the perceived threat of minority uprising differently than how they handle large groups of white criminals - who could just as easily threaten (and did, actually) le.

i don't believe that. i'd really like to understand how you can believe that. i'm being serious.

I'm not sure I understand why you don't understand what I am saying. Stop the fighting and the Police stop as well. Continue to fight, loot and riot and you end up with Ferguson and Baltimore.

You know what's different with the Waco shootings? No one is questioning if the police were justified in what they did. Wonder why?