Searsison

Following up on a job application, yay or nay?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone, i received my EAD and AP combo card about 2 weeks ago and have been frantically searching for jobs online, there is one company in particular that ive wanted to work for ever since i discovered it over a year ago whilst on vacation here in Maine. They posted on their facebook page about 3 weeks ago saying they need somebody for a position that i am trained in so i applied and wrote out a really good cover letter and email to compliment my résumé for it, i received an email receipt saying thank you for applying someone would be in touch…. the usual stuff they say and it specifically says to please not follow up by phone or in person.

This was on May 3rd so its been just over 2 weeks now and ive still not heard anything but im so attached to this position that im finding it difficult to apply myself to other jobs out there because i want this one more than any other. One mistake i stupidly made after proof reading everything multiple times is that i forgot to send it via my professional email address and instead used my personal address, although my personal address doesnt contain anything unprofessional i feel that my application may of been overlooked because of this minor mistake.

Would it be unreasonable for me to follow up on this application by EMAIL for 2 reasons i have in mind;

1. It gives me a chance of sending my documents again via my proper email address thus having them look at my résumé a 2nd time

and

2. Either way i would hope to hear back good news or failing that, find out i havent been selected so i can move along to something else

Id like to hear some of your opinions on wether or not following up is a good idea or not as it seems this either makes me look more interested in the job or it could equally make me come across as annoying or a pest

I should add that the job is still listed on their website so i can only assume they are still accepting applications

Met online - 9th March 2013

Met in person for the first time in Maine, USA - 7th August 2013

2nd trip, Got engaged! on New Years Eve in Maine, USA - 26th December 2013 to 14th January 2014

Mailed I-129F K1 Packet - 17th January 2014

NOA1 text message [TSC] - 24th January 2014

Alien Reg Number changed - 27th January 2014

NOA1 hardcopy - 1st February 2014

Tiffany visited me in England - 25th April 2014 - 10th May 2014

NOA2 text/email - 24th July 2014 (181 days to approval)

3rd visit to Maine - 21st August to 6th September 2014

Medical - 11th September 2014

Interview (APPROVED) - 4th november 2014 (291 days since mailing i-129f)

Tiffany's 2nd trip to England right after my interview! - 7th November - 18th November 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would call them, say that you applied, are very interested in working for them but have other opportunities you are considering and need to know if the position is open and if so when will they be looking to fulfill it.

Plus they replied to you, usually you only hear from them if they want to take it further.

Not sure what the difference is in email addresses is, what is a professional address?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.