ambrolla

K-1 visa interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, guys!

I was wondering, if anyone had an interview for k-1 visa at Moscow, Russia. How did it go? Did they ask a lot of questions and what questions did they ask? What information did they look for? Because I wonder how many photographs do we have to print, how much evidence do we have to bring with us. And what other documents will they look at.

Our case is at NVC right now, but we better start preparing now than be sorry later :)

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Timeline

My wife's interview was last Dec. and it was a very easy process. They didn't want to see any pictures but you should have some in case they ask. Don't go crazy with pictures but have maybe 10 or so. Her interview was only 10 mins at most. Some basic questions like when you last met. Maybe she asked 2-7 questions. How long did you know him. Where do you plan to live. Questions like that. Go to the Moscow embassy web site for the documents that you need. You will get an email when you papers get to the embassy telling you what to do next. It's the exact stuff they tell you on the web site. There are some things you can do now and to save time you need to do them now. Like get your medical etc.. It's on the web site. The interview was very friendly. Good Luck

Timeline

My wife's interview was last Dec. and it was a very easy process. They didn't want to see any pictures but you should have some in case they ask. Don't go crazy with pictures but have maybe 10 or so. Her interview was only 10 mins at most. Some basic questions like when you last met. Maybe she asked 2-7 questions. How long did you know him. Where do you plan to live. Questions like that. Go to the Moscow embassy web site for the documents that you need. You will get an email when you papers get to the embassy telling you what to do next. It's the exact stuff they tell you on the web site. There are some things you can do now and to save time you need to do them now. Like get your medical etc.. It's on the web site. The interview was very friendly. Good Luck

Thank you!

Its just, when he applied first for a B-2 visa to visit me, they were very specific and so I'm little bit worried. I even have 1 picture of my fiance and my dad. lol.

Also, I'm very worried on how would they react to the co-sponsorship because I will not be his sponsor (I wrote a letter to CO stating that I am not eligible to be fiance's sponsor). I just want him to get this visa and be together for the rest of our lives :)

And we memorized that website's list already :)

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Timeline

Yea, on the B-2 visa they want to make sure that they go back home after the visit. It's not automatic that everyone can get a B-2. On the co-sponsership I can't help you on that as I don't know how they will react. Your K-1 visa will be in his hands soon. Now is the hardest wait time. It will come so hang in there. Good Luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Moscow is very easy for K1 from what I've read. They should only ask some basic questions. Have a bunch of photos together, any plane stubs from visits, printouts of online conversations or call logs, and you should be fine. Just make sure you have all other documents in order. Having a co-sponsor is not a problem, that's a valid way of getting a visa, so as long as you together with the co-sponsor qualify then they shouldn't care at all about it.

Non-immigrant visas are pretty hard to get in RUB countries, but immigrant visas (or non-immigrant with immigrant intent as K1 is) are pretty easy as long as everything's in order.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.