pumpernickle

Biometric appoint

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is USCIS pretty much on time when it comes to Bio-metric appointments?

My appoint is 10:00 am.Should I expect to be seen on time or wait 1-2 hours?

Also ,how long does the entire appoint. take?

What do they do during this appoint?

Thnx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is USCIS pretty much on time when it comes to Bio-metric appointments?

My appoint is 10:00 am.Should I expect to be seen on time or wait 1-2 hours?

Also ,how long does the entire appoint. take?

What do they do during this appoint?

Thnx

The actual process takes at most 15 minutes.

The wait depends on your service center. Some people wait 5 minutes, but others wait 2 hours to be called.

They will verify your identity, ask you to wait to be called, show you your information on a screen for you to verify that it was entered correctly, take your fingerprints (all of them) optically, take a photo. Note that in most cases the photo they take during this appointment with be the one they use on your naturalization certificate so make sure you wear something you like. :-)

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The actual process takes at most 15 minutes.

The wait depends on your service center. Some people wait 5 minutes, but others wait 2 hours to be called.

They will verify your identity, ask you to wait to be called, show you your information on a screen for you to verify that it was entered correctly, take your fingerprints (all of them) optically, take a photo. Note that in most cases the photo they take during this appointment with be the one they use on your naturalization certificate so make sure you wear something you like. :-)

thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is it possible to go a week or two before the scheduled Biometrics appointment?

You are officially required to go at your scheduled time. However, some offices bend this rule and let you do an early "walk-in". Some offices will turn you away, some will allow you in, and some will only allow you in if you have proof of travel during your originally scheduled appointment. So the answer is that you can try and but there's no guarantee that they'll let you do it.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.