Sarahnick

Consulate fee

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've read a few posts where some are saying the fee to be paid to the consulate is $265 but on my checklist from the Stockholm (Sweden) embassy it says $240 ?!

I still haven't done the ds160 or been online on ustraveldocs but what should I expect to pay?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They need to update their checklist. The fee is now $265. It went up from $240 back in Sept.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html

K – Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $265.00

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Exactly! I remember this happening by the time we sent our i129f package!

They Also have the wrong email adress for contacting the medical place haha. Oh well :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Exactly! I remember this happening by the time we sent our i129f package!

They Also have the wrong email adress for contacting the medical place haha. Oh well :)

I assume you mean for the one in Stockholm (it's the only one that mentions contact email) and it is the correct one. It is the same one the clinic refers to on their website for scheduling visa medicals.

EDIT: I checked the website and it looks like they just recently changed contact person. Must have happened within the last few weeks or so because I had my medical April 27th and I used the email stated in the checklist info and it was also that email that was stated on the website.

Edited by Maria&Seve

Timeline

Oh, really? Haha. Wow yeah cause I never got a reply from that email address- went online and saw this other address and emailed that one too and got a reply almost directly.

assume it changed just before I got the list then. Tought it was strange but now that explains it.

Timeline

Oh, really? Haha. Wow yeah cause I never got a reply from that email address- went online and saw this other address and emailed that one too and got a reply almost directly.

assume it changed just before I got the list then. Tought it was strange but now that explains it.

It explains a lot. I emailed the old address in January asking them what vaccines I needed. Then I emailed the same address in March to schedule appointment and I got a reply from the new address. I just figured the first person was out sick and this other person was monitoring the other email for scheduling emails. I hope they let the embassy know soon so other doesn't have to deal with this.

Timeline

Same here, I remember emailing the "old" address back in September cause I wanted to know about all the vaccines and stuff.

It was literally a coincidence I went online and saw this other email address.

Guess, Mayby I should email the embassy and let them know it changed ;) haha.

Timeline

Same here, I remember emailing the "old" address back in September cause I wanted to know about all the vaccines and stuff.

It was literally a coincidence I went online and saw this other email address.

Guess, Mayby I should email the embassy and let them know it changed ;) haha.

Good idea ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.