ryna

Can you reschedule N400 interview and/or oath ceremony?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

To mkae a long story short, my wife has been eligible to file for citizenship since last September and we've been planning on spending 2-3 weeks in Colombia for Christmas in Dec/Jan of this upcoming year. I've been trying to get her to file ASAP to minimize the chance that she gets called during our planned trip but she still hasn't done so. She wants to file next week and I want to buy the tickets very soon but I'm scared to death that USCIS will screw us again one last time by setting her citizenship interview during our planned trip (and, of course, we won't get a date until 30 days before the interview date after everything is already planned and paid for). If, by bad luck, they want to see her during our planned trip, can she reschedule without our losing the time and money we're going to spend on the N400? I just want to be done with USICS foreve...

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Let your wife file now, and most likely she will be done by then.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

To mkae a long story short, my wife has been eligible to file for citizenship since last September and we've been planning on spending 2-3 weeks in Colombia for Christmas in Dec/Jan of this upcoming year. I've been trying to get her to file ASAP to minimize the chance that she gets called during our planned trip but she still hasn't done so. She wants to file next week and I want to buy the tickets very soon but I'm scared to death that USCIS will screw us again one last time by setting her citizenship interview during our planned trip (and, of course, we won't get a date until 30 days before the interview date after everything is already planned and paid for). If, by bad luck, they want to see her during our planned trip, can she reschedule without our losing the time and money we're going to spend on the N400? I just want to be done with USICS foreve...

she can reschedule the interview and the oath ceremony.

She won't lose any money.

She will lose time. If everything goes right, she'll be rescheduled for 1 or 2 months later.

However, rescheduling requests are sometimes mishandled and delays can occur.

It's gererally a bad idea to reschedule but if you want to apply now, you can file and hope you're done by your trip.

People reschedule appointments all the time. Just be prepared for the possibility of delays.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Let your wife file now, and most likely she will be done by then.

I would hope so, it's just that her AOS took 8 months when the average processing time was 3-4 months for our office. That why I have less than ZERO confidence in USCIS and am a bit worried about her filing now. Our local office (and I honestly don't know if the N400 is adjudicated locally or not) shows a date of 8/2014 (or 9 months) right now.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.