medgomaa

Traveling plan

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

Our plan, should we pass the interview, is to travel to the US, get our green cards, return to our country then move to the US within 6 or 8 months.

My first question here is: if the CO asks about our plan, will telling them our actual plan affect the result of the interview? or should we tell them that we’re just planning to settle there as soon as we arrive?

Second question: when we return to our country with the green cards after our first visit to the US, will my husband be allowed to enter the US if I’m not travelling with him as I am the principal applicant? Or am I obligated to be in the US for him to be allowed inside the country?

thanks in advance.

Applied to lottery: 29 Oct 2013

Entry checked: 2 May 2014

Case number: 2015AF00019xxx

Form DS-260 completed: 03 JUN 2014

Passed Interview: 18 May 2015

Landed in the US: 22 of July 2015

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello,

Our plan, should we pass the interview, is to travel to the US, get our green cards, return to our country then move to the US within 6 or 8 months.

My first question here is: if the CO asks about our plan, will telling them our actual plan affect the result of the interview? or should we tell them that we’re just planning to settle there as soon as we arrive?

Second question: when we return to our country with the green cards after our first visit to the US, will my husband be allowed to enter the US if I’m not travelling with him as I am the principal applicant? Or am I obligated to be in the US for him to be allowed inside the country?

thanks in advance.

answer

1). i doubt that CO will ask such question, if CO asked, that probably ok and it will not give any effect for the result

2) yes, ur husband can enter US as long as his US visa not expired

good luck

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Hello,

My first question here is: if the CO asks about our plan, will telling them our actual plan affect the result of the interview? or should we tell them that were just planning to settle there as soon as we arrive?

Second question: when we return to our country with the green cards after our first visit to the US, will my husband be allowed to enter the US if Im not travelling with him as I am the principal applicant? Or am I obligated to be in the US for him to be allowed inside the country?

thanks in advance.

Your plans are fine. If the CO asks, be honest - he will probably just remind you of the residency requirements to keep a green card.

The answer above is incorrect re your husband returning "if the visa is not expired" as the visa is irrelevant then. It is only on first entry that the principal applicant needs to accompany derivatives (or land ahead of them), after that everyone is 'equal status' LPR so yes he can travel on his own.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks a lot Susie :)

Applied to lottery: 29 Oct 2013

Entry checked: 2 May 2014

Case number: 2015AF00019xxx

Form DS-260 completed: 03 JUN 2014

Passed Interview: 18 May 2015

Landed in the US: 22 of July 2015

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.