vaaliciadh

DCF in DR - VAC & Interview scheduled but haven't paid NVC Fee

2 posts in this topic

I have several problems. The first two are the most important and may be related...

1. Husband's VAC is scheduled for May 28 and interview for June 11 but we have paid NO FEES (IV or AOS) because we DCFd. I completed DS-260 but haven't heard anything from NVC. (Received word from Consular section of embassy that we could schedule the VAC and interviews, which we did.) WHO DO WE PAY AND HOW and HOW MUCH? I can't log in to the NVC payment site (CEAC) with the numbers on the DS-260...won't let me. And when I call the NVC, I never get through to anyone.

2. I saw that someone else on VJ brought the following docs the VAC appointment:

-Passport
-DS 260 Confirmation Page
-DS 260 Completed Printed Form
-DS 260 Payment Receipt
-Appointment Confirmation letter for VAC

-Appointment Letter for NVC

But on our confirmation, it says he should bring only:

-passport

-DS 260 Confirmation Page

-Appointment Confirmatino letter for VAC

Does this mean that VAC will collect the IV and AOS at the time of the VAC appointment???

3. When I scheduled the interview, we received a confirmation which appears to be something we take to Banco Popular and pay $7500 RD. What is that?

4. Can he do the medical exam the same day of the VAC appointment, which is exactly 2 weeks before the interview?

Thanks so much in advance for any info provided.

I believe each consular office has their own procedures which may be a little different.

I am in Thailand and the Bangkok DCF filing that I am going thru.....we pay at the interview for the Visa fee, the $325 one. The other fee doesn't pertain to us if we file DCF which I believe is for the Form 864 affidavit fee. Folks in the USA filing, must pay those fees online. But DCF filers I believe cannot. At least, I could not and found out that everyone filing DCF in Bangkok is paying at the interview.

Some of the answers to your questions should be on the USCIS website for your particular consulate.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.