Kaskada

Do you have to answer all answers given in civic test?

6 posts in this topic

Hey VJ,

Quick question:

There are multiple questions that have multiple answers to them. For instance: what does the judicial branch do? Does my husband have to answer all of the answers given? Or will one or two be sufficient?

I know that there are some questions that ask for one example but then some questions do not.

Thanks in advance.

One is good enough, except the question asks for a specific number, like "Name two government level positions"

Great, that's what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure.

By the way, thanks for the quick response. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with Buckyball... the only exception I can think if is the question about who the US fought in WWII... you have to list all three countries of Germany, Japan, and Italy.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree with Buckyball... the only exception I can think if is the question about who the US fought in WWII... you have to list all three countries of Germany, Japan, and Italy.

This would be wrong.

Now if they asked name 3 of the countries then that would be a valid answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This would be wrong.

Now if they asked name 3 of the countries then that would be a valid answer.

You're right, of course, but the answer they want is: "Germany, Japan, and Italy".

You can list those and then say that Bulgaria, Romania, etc also fought with the Axis powers (at least for parts of the war), but I don't think USCIS interviewers care much for historical accuracy.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.