Sjvb04@gmail.com

Approval letter for i-130 lost

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! Hope you guys can help. Recently, me and my husband received the approval letter from nvc. We got our case log ins and ids. We were on the process of completing the requirements so we didnt know we need the letters still. Now we remember there is a checklist there and im afraid that i would still need it for the interview. My husband called them but they weren't able to give us any answer. Instead, they put him on hold for about an hour. We got stressed out and we're trying to find a precise answer. Hope u can help. Thank you guys in advance!

Timeline

Hi! Sorry i didn't know about the timeline. I have to fill in the info later. Thank u for the prompt reply. We just got done submitting the i-130 and received the letter that contains our login id and invoice id for completing DS-260. Now we lost that letter and i believe it contains the checklist as well. We were able to find the documents needed but we are afraid that letter is still needed for my interview in the future

Timeline

And yes we are submitting documents to The NVC. But we dont have the checklist. We found them on the uscis site but still a bit confusing coz its only saying that we need the affidavit of support and the 3 previous ITRs of my husband

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Lol You dont need to worry so much. Indeed that letter is important and you need to search for it but you can get your case no from NVC

Call NVC and they will ask info regarding your USCIS Case no and Beneficiary as well as petitioner info, post that they will tell you your case no. Dont sweat on it.

The letter they sent doesnt have any check list. Its the list of standard document you need for NVC process

Memorize this http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process.. Your only help and smooth ongoing at NVC is Saylin's NVC wiki.

Last but not the least dont get frustrated with NVC. No one gets through the phone easily. We have redialed 75 times continuously to get through NVC line and then to speak to an agent for less than 5 min. Well that's NVC so enjoy the ride with patience :)

Timeline

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU FILL YOUR TIMELINE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE THE SAME AND REPLY YOU BACK WITH DETAILS. WITHOUT TIMELINE ALL WE CAN DO IS SPECULATE ABOUT YOUR CASE. :dancing:

the above link in my last reply has all the info for documents needed. Read that

NVC overview
-get case number and IIN, give email addresses over
-complete the online DS-261
-pay the AOS bill, once it's invoiced
-pay the IV bill, once it's invoiced
-complete the online DS-260
-submit both packages together
-respond to any checklists, if applicable
-get case complete
-get interview date scheduled
-case is sent to embassy/consulate
Documents needed for AOS
With no joint sponsors:
-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal
-Cover letter (optional)
You can find a sample cover letter I wrote here [21]
-Original completed, signed, and dated I-864 form by petitioner
-Tax information^^ of petitioner (either just the last year OR the last 3 years)
-Employment letter of petitioner (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)
-Pay stub(s) of petitioner (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)
With joint sponsors:
-All of the above of the petitioner
-Original completed, signed, and dated I-864 of joint sponsor
-Tax information^^ of joint sponsor (either just the last year OR the last 3 years)
-Proof of US citizenship/residency of joint sponsor (ex: copy of US passport, US birth certificate, US naturalization certificate, or front & back of green card)
-Employment letter of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)
-Pay stub(s) of joint sponsor (optional, but good proof of CURRENT income)
^^You have two choices here of what to send in:
- Tax return transcripts ordered from IRS (preferred by NVC and of most consulates/embassies) RECOMMENDED
OR
- Tax returns (1040), W2s, 1099s, and any other schedules/worksheets (if applicable)
Documents needed for IV package
-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal
-Cover letter (optional)
You can find a sample cover letter I wrote here [22]
-Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)
-Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport
-Photocopy of beneficiary's birth certificate
-Photocopy of marriage certificate
-Photocopy of police certificate(s)

Timeline

Whew! Im so much relieved now! Thank you so much bunny&ninja! I cant thank you enough! ? we'll get it all done and hopefully get through it smoothly. Thank you so much for all the help! God bless you :)

It is important but we dont need it for my interview is what you're saying? Just making sure :D

Timeline

Thanks for the blessing... Indeed we all need it. All of us are in same boat.

Good Luck .. Happy to help.. As i got so much of help from this forum, i am happy to reply and help folks with what i know.

P.S. : find the NVC welcome letter you received. find it... down the lane you might need. Don't loose any papers with this process

yes if this makes you feel good.. You dont need NVC welcome letter for Interview.

but my advise is "DO NOT LOOSE ANY DOCUMENTS RELATING TO PROCESS. YOU DONT KNOW WHEN YOU NEED WHAT"

Timeline

this forum runs with the folks who are ongoing or have had gone through the process. People are awesome here and have more resources and info than any immigration lawyer.

Study, patience, eye for details and prayer is ur tool.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.