coa24

Medical and Interview schedule

13 posts in this topic

Looking for advice. We have May 21 as our interview date, but noticed an opening much earlier. She will be complete with her Medical Manila time on Wednesday. Do they give her the medical documents that day? If so, would it be possible and wise to do interview on Friday if there is an opening still? DO you think there would be enough time in between? I ask because if so, then we would not have to cancel our flight back to Davao on the 27 and she can do CFO in Manila without rescheduling flight.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looking for advice. We have May 21 as our interview date, but noticed an opening much earlier. She will be complete with her Medical Manila time on Wednesday. Do they give her the medical documents that day? If so, would it be possible and wise to do interview on Friday if there is an opening still? DO you think there would be enough time in between? I ask because if so, then we would not have to cancel our flight back to Davao on the 27 and she can do CFO in Manila without rescheduling flight.

Hand carrying the medical file is new this year, some get to do it some don't. You decide, here is what the Embassy states:

Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done 5-7 working days prior their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila; failure to complete the exam within the prescribed time frame may result in significant visa processing delays.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks Hank for the reply and that makes a lot of sense and why I originally planned it for May 21. Then I read how people got medical record in hand and had their interview two days later and were fine and had visa approved. I guess it really depends if you get the medical documents in hand when u leave St. Lukes.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Thanks Hank for the reply and that makes a lot of sense and why I originally planned it for May 21. Then I read how people got medical record in hand and had their interview two days later and were fine and had visa approved. I guess it really depends if you get the medical documents in hand when u leave St. Lukes.

Hank points out some important things to consider. He has given you the safe approach which most will take. But, I will give you the "finger biting" all "moons" must be in a row answer.

Yes you can change your date BUT consider this

IF YOU

can past your medical with NO delays and you

can carry your medical records to the interview and you

feel lucky

Hey then WTH (what the heck) go for it.

Me, I'd wait as nothing is guaranteed in this process.

Good luck with your decision.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

She did pass medical and is currently waiting for release. Part of me feels that it will be okay, but I also like safe, haha. Do they keep the passport and send it to embassy? And have people who have received medical documents in hand been denied because certain things from medical didn't arrive yet?

She did pass medical and is currently waiting for release. Part of me feels that it will be okay, but I also like safe, haha. Do they keep the passport and send it to embassy? And have people who have received medical documents in hand been denied because certain things from medical didn't arrive yet?

The beneficiary carries the passport to the interview. It's one of the documents contained in the Embassy Letter. Remember the Embassy Letter as it's a recommend tool and all that is needed for the interview is contained in the list.

As far as medical missing things. That's RARE because SLEC is not going to send a partial medical (missing vaccines maybe because they are out but they will not delay an applicant's interview or getting approved). It's all or nothing when it comes to the Medical. No worries there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Thanks for the guidance :). BTW, my fiancee was asking about the CD you get from ST. Luke's, she takes that with her correct? along with the other paper that says
Do Not Lose...maybe PDS sheet?

Thanks for the guidance :). BTW, my fiancee was asking about the CD you get from ST. Luke's, she takes that with her correct? along with the other paper that says

Do Not Lose...maybe PDS sheet?

She will get a packet to take to the Embassy. In that packet or outside of the packet she will get a CD of her x-rays and form DS-3025 her medical results listing all the vaccinations given to her. The CD is now your newest coffee coaster, as you will never have a need for it, but her DS-3025 will be needed for the AOS packet once you are married. That's it.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

I didn't want to say that I switched dates....haha...but after consulting with my fiancee we did decide to move the interview appointment to today May 15 (we already had medical documentation in hand upon release from SLEC, when she completed day two this past Wednesday May 13). We felt that this was an opportunity for us that the door opened for a very short time. We felt very strongly that we were making the right decision to move our appointment from May 21 to May 15. I am happy to report and in true jubilation that my fiancee was approved for K-1 Fiancee Visa :). What a wait off the shoulder and talk about nerves, haha. Supposedly they didn't ask my fiancee for more pictures nor did they ask for any further evidence of relationship. They only wanted the I-134 and tax return. As well as the required documents. By the time she got to the American Consular, they only reviewed the documents and asked 3 questions. Then she was approved.

Edited by coa24

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats......

I have had many good times in Davao, I always go spend a few days there when I go to Philippines. I really enjoy the city, so relaxed and nobody tries to overcharge you on taxis or money exchange, etc. Between Manila, Cebu and Davao City, No city compares to Davao....

:dancing: Congrats!!!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.