Acydiecz

CENOMAR(CEMAR)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Philippines regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Hello!

How many CEMAR copy do I need to pass to the Consular? And do I need to get my USC hubby CEMAR as well? Thanks

You should have the original plus one copy in case the CO wants a copy. Your USC does not have to provide a CEMAR but if he/she was every married before then they must show proof that the marriage is dissolved ie. death certificate or divorce papers which must be certified as true copies.

See the Embassy letter for further instructions. If you have everything on this letter prepared for your interview then you have all the documents that are required. Good luck.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/IV%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

You should have the original plus one copy in case the CO wants a copy. Your USC does not have to provide a CEMAR but if he/she was every married before then they must show proof that the marriage is dissolved ie. death certificate or divorce papers which must be certified as true copies.

See the Embassy letter for further instructions. If you have everything on this letter prepared for your interview then you have all the documents that are required. Good luck.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/IV%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Proof of divorce from the Petitioner on an CR1 already at interview stage?

Not in my list of required docs post I130 filing / approval

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

How many CEMAR copy do I need to pass to the Consular? And do I need to get my USC hubby CEMAR as well? Thanks

Only need the original CEMAR. You can keep a copy to yourself ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I can assure you that even at interview stage, no matter how many previous times USC may have provided divorce decree (if it even pertains) to the USCIS with I-130 or to NVC with the IV packet, it is always best to have another copy for the CO just in case he/she wants to throw another detour in the road.

Just like the OP has her CEMAR which is NEVER mentioned as a required document in any USEM letters or guides.

Good job and good luck. My wife had her interview 10 days ago and said it was really simple. She stressed for the previous 2 weeks really for nothing. As long as you have valid relationship with your husband everything will be fine.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Thank you so much!

I can assure you that even at interview stage, no matter how many previous times USC may have provided divorce decree (if it even pertains) to the USCIS with I-130 or to NVC with the IV packet, it is always best to have another copy for the CO just in case he/she wants to throw another detour in the road.

Just like the OP has her CEMAR which is NEVER mentioned as a required document in any USEM letters or guides.

Good job and good luck. My wife had her interview 10 days ago and said it was really simple. She stressed for the previous 2 weeks really for nothing. As long as you have valid relationship with your husband everything will be fine.

Thank you but what is OP again? I have been stressing preppin my documents. The only thing I will need is my CEMAR and Police Clearance and next week I have to go back to St. Lukes for Personal Evaluation. And June 5th is my Interview Day.

Congrats to you and your wife!

Well that is F coded on the P4 letter.....

Proof of divorce from the Petitioner on an CR1 already at interview stage?

Not in my list of required docs post I130 filing / approval

Get a copy of the Embassy Document Requirements for interview and you will read this:

PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE (if applicable). If your marriage ended by divorce, disappearance or death of the spouse, or annulment, legal and/or civil documentation must be presented attesting to the termination of the marriage (annulment decree, death certificate issued by NSO and printed on NSO security paper, a foreign divorce decree, or foreign death certificate).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Get a copy of the Embassy Document Requirements for interview and you will read this:

PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE (if applicable). If your marriage ended by divorce, disappearance or death of the spouse, or annulment, legal and/or civil documentation must be presented attesting to the termination of the marriage (annulment decree, death certificate issued by NSO and printed on NSO security paper, a foreign divorce decree, or foreign death certificate).

And in the P4 letter you'll read this:

================================================================================
Required Visa Interview Documents and Document Status Code Definitions
================================================================================
While the applicant was processing at the National Visa Center, we asked him or her to submit certain forms
and documents. On the following pages, we indicate the status of each of these forms and documents and any
action the applicant needs to take to prepare them for the interview. Please refer to the document status code
definitions below to determine what action to take for each item.
Document Status Code Definitions:
A Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview
C You must bring this entire interview letter to your interview
D The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
F The NVC did not request this form or document
G You withdrew your I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, with USCIS
H You must obtain two passport photographs of yourself and present them at your interview
I This form is incomplete. You must present a completed form at your interview.
J The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document at
the time of your interview.
O The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
P You must request this police certificate from the issuing authority. After you submit your
request, the issuing authority will send the certificate directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
for your interview.
R You submitted the Immigrant Visa Application online
S The NVC only received a scanned document. You must present the original document at the time
of your interview.
T You must present an English translation of this document at the time of your interview
U You indicated this document was unavailable. The consular officer will decide whether to waive
the requirement for this document at your interview.
V View the website at http://havana.usint.gov/cfrp.htmlfor English
or http://spanish.havana.usint.gov/cfrp.htmlfor Spanish and follow the instructions.
X This document is unobtainable
Y The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
$ Payment received
+ The NVC returned this document to you per your request. Present this document at your interview.
You must bring the following items to the visa interview:
? Any original documents the NVC requested that you did not submit (refer to the document list below)
? If the physician gives you your medical exam results, bring them to your interview in the envelope sealed
by the medical office.
? Two passport photographs measuring 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) with a white background
? A valid unexpired passport
? Photocopies of all civil documents
? A new police certificate from your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate
more than one year ago.
? Any additional documents listed in the U.S. Embassy or Consulate specific interview guidelines
The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not you submitted them to the
NVC. Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are
still required to bring the original document to the visa interview.
Refer to the Document Status Code Definitions on Page 3 to determine the meaning of the document status
codes.
Document Name Document Status
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 R
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 R
2 - PASSPORT J
3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE J
4 - ADOPTION F
5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J
6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
10 - PHILIPPINES NBI CLEARANCE J
FEE PAYMENT $
PHOTOGRAPH Y
F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F
F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F
11 - PETITIONER MARRIAGE TERMINATION F

Not to argue, only to be educated, but doesn't this statement apply to the beneficiary? My wife was never married before. I am her first (and I hope ONLY) husband so CENOMAR should not be applicable in her case. She did have NSO marriage certificate which in my mind would supersede any CENOMAR/CEMAR requirement. But apparently not in the mind of the CO.

All a moot point now as visa has been issued.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

And in the P4 letter you'll read this:

Required Visa Interview Documents and Document Status Code Definitions
While the applicant was processing at the National Visa Center, we asked him or her to submit certain forms
and documents. On the following pages, we indicate the status of each of these forms and documents and any
action the applicant needs to take to prepare them for the interview. Please refer to the document status code
definitions below to determine what action to take for each item.
Document Status Code Definitions:
A Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview
C You must bring this entire interview letter to your interview
D The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
G You withdrew your I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, with USCIS
H You must obtain two passport photographs of yourself and present them at your interview
I This form is incomplete. You must present a completed form at your interview.
J The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document at
the time of your interview.
O The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
P You must request this police certificate from the issuing authority. After you submit your
request, the issuing authority will send the certificate directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
for your interview.
R You submitted the Immigrant Visa Application online
S The NVC only received a scanned document. You must present the original document at the time
of your interview.
T You must present an English translation of this document at the time of your interview
U You indicated this document was unavailable. The consular officer will decide whether to waive
the requirement for this document at your interview.
V View the website at http://havana.usint.gov/cfrp.htmlfor English
or http://spanish.havana.usint.gov/cfrp.htmlfor Spanish and follow the instructions.
X This document is unobtainable
Y The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
$ Payment received
+ The NVC returned this document to you per your request. Present this document at your interview.
You must bring the following items to the visa interview:
? Any original documents the NVC requested that you did not submit (refer to the document list below)
? If the physician gives you your medical exam results, bring them to your interview in the envelope sealed
by the medical office.
? Two passport photographs measuring 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) with a white background
? A valid unexpired passport
? Photocopies of all civil documents
? A new police certificate from your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate
more than one year ago.
? Any additional documents listed in the U.S. Embassy or Consulate specific interview guidelines
The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not you submitted them to the
NVC. Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are
still required to bring the original document to the visa interview.
Refer to the Document Status Code Definitions on Page 3 to determine the meaning of the document status
codes.
Document Name Document Status
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 R
1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 R
2 - PASSPORT J
3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE J
4 - ADOPTION F
5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J
7 - COURT RECORDS F
F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
10 - PHILIPPINES NBI CLEARANCE J
FEE PAYMENT $
PHOTOGRAPH Y

Well I guess it's my misinterpretation of the letter:

I read this to mean that IF there was a beneficiary marriage termination that CENOMAR/CEMAR would be required at USEM since it was not previously sent to NVC in the IV packet.

Since there was no previous marriage termination there would not be need to produce that document.

Just like:

4 - ADOPTION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
All were not applicable in our case and not requested / addressed by her CO.
Better that this line should say CENOMAR A. Then there is no ambiguity. Don't think that will ever happen, haha.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Thank you but what is OP again? I have been stressing preppin my documents. The only thing I will need is my CEMAR and Police Clearance and next week I have to go back to St. Lukes for Personal Evaluation. And June 5th is my Interview Day.

Congrats to you and your wife!

Sorry Acydiecz.

After hanging around here for nearly a year I figured out what most but not all abbreviations meant and started using them myself.

OP = Original Poster = you.

Her CO only asked 2 questions: Where/How did she meet me and where will she live in the US. Less than 5 mins and most of the time was spent looking through her file. I think you will not have any problems.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Well I guess it's my misinterpretation of the letter:

I read this to mean that IF there was a beneficiary marriage termination that CENOMAR/CEMAR would be required at USEM since it was not previously sent to NVC in the IV packet.

Since there was no previous marriage termination there would not be need to produce that document.

Just like:

4 - ADOPTION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
All were not applicable in our case and not requested / addressed by her CO.
Better that this line should say CENOMAR A. Then there is no ambiguity. Don't think that will ever happen, haha.

I think they like being purposely vague :)

4 - ADOPTION F
7 - COURT RECORDS F
9 - MILITARY RECORDS F
Of the above list the Adoption, Marriage Termination, Court Records or Military records were not applicable so of course NVC never asked for them
All the "Petitioner" stuff is applicable, but of course not required at NVC stage so never asked for since I-130 Application stage
Yet they are all coded F
Have no plans to bring my Birth Cert or prior divorce decrees to my wife's interview. Obviously will have the marriage certificate since its my wife's too
Edited by JohnandMhay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.