NewKid

NVC staged upcoming, but focussing on Interview. Thoughts on evidence

11 posts in this topic

Good day all.

We received our NOA2 hard copy yesterday ( May 11th ) ( CSC) and we are aware that this now goes to the NVC stage, however, while we are waiting we thought we would prepare for the interview in the mean time.

So we have all the required documents ready, PCC, Birth Cert etc.

My question is only regarding the proof of relationship part. so, as I know many of you we have 100's of photos of us together, I just wanted to know what would be the best way to present these. Would making a photo-book album( like the ones you do for your wedding) be advisable, as this will show everything very neatly?

I am just worried that they take it and don't return it to us?

Otherwise, could anyone give me an indication as to which way you presented your photos and other evidence? Because we have ( up to today) the following already:

1. Chat logs. ( snippets by months) since we started dating

2. Emails

3. Facebook screenshots( of our own post, checkins, with family and friends)

4. Screen shots of video calls( our faces)

5. Video chat logs

6. Iphone screenshots of picture moments( this is where photos get "geotagged" and are displayed by where they were taken)

7. Stamped letters

8.Passport stamps showing visits

9.Flight tickets + boarding passes

10. the photos?? ( thus the post)

• just us
  • with family and friends
  • at events( sporting/work functions.)
  • her holidays with me
  • my holidays with her

Are we in Good shape with all this? what is the best way to present all of this?

* off topic, realistically, how long should we expect to wait to hear from the NVC( as the NOA2 hard copy said that the process takes 2-4 weeks) ?

Thank you everyone.

All the best with your journeys

Kid

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

There is a page with reviews of the interviews for each embassy on here (the option is in the main navigation at the top of the page "Reviews: Embassy/USCIS/POE"). I read through all the stories for past interviews at my embassy and I found it very enlightening. There were a few reviews saying that the interviewing officer only looked at a few pictures. I also read that the interview happens standing up in front of the glass with only that narrow bin to slide things through. I was planning to put hundreds of photos in a nice album at first, but now I think a compact envelope would make more sense. :idea:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Nepal
Marriage : 2013-07-16
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-12
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-15
I-130 Approved : 2015-02-02
NVC Received : 2015-02-17

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2015-02-27

Date of NVC Welcome Letter : 2015-03-02
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2015-03-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-10
Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-08

AOS/IV Scan Date : 2015-04-09
Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-17
Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-17

Submit IV Application/DS-260 : 2015-04-28

Case Complete : 2015-05-04

Interview Letter Date : 2015-05-29

Receive Interview Letter : 2015-06-01

Interview : 2015-06-18

Approved : 2015-06-18

CEAC Visa Status Issued : 2015-06-29

CEAC Visa Status Ready For Pick Up : 2015-07-03

POE: 2015-07-04

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Pretty much all the bona fidas evidence should have been added to the petition you sent to USCIS. That will be forwarded to the embassy and they will look at it and most likely make up their mind way before your interview. In my opinion, bringing tons of evidence to the interview is a waste of time, it's better to add them before it gets to the embassy stage.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Pretty much all the bona fidas evidence should have been added to the petition you sent to USCIS. That will be forwarded to the embassy and they will look at it and most likely make up their mind way before your interview. In my opinion, bringing tons of evidence to the interview is a waste of time, it's better to add them before it gets to the embassy stage.

I have to disagree. We sent one photo in with our initial peition and no chat logs or anything along those lines. My fiancee then brought an album of photos, organized chronologically and with some captions, to the interview. Those along with the associated boarding passes basically "sold our story" to the consular officer. I am pretty sure he was going to approve us anyway (Indonesia is low-risk and our case was straight forward), but that album sealed the deal.

OP- an album worked for us. I think my fiancee put a couple dozen in it. The album and other stuff she brought to the interview was handed back to her after the interview. I really don't think you need all that other documentation (minus proof of visits such as boarding passes), but as mindy & raju suggested, you should read the interview reviews for South Africa. Good luck!

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have to disagree. We sent one photo in with our initial peition and no chat logs or anything along those lines. My fiancee then brought an album of photos, organized chronologically and with some captions, to the interview. Those along with the associated boarding passes basically "sold our story" to the consular officer. I am pretty sure he was going to approve us anyway (Indonesia is low-risk and our case was straight forward), but that album sealed the deal.

OP- an album worked for us. I think my fiancee put a couple dozen in it. The album and other stuff she brought to the interview was handed back to her after the interview. I really don't think you need all that other documentation (minus proof of visits such as boarding passes), but as mindy & raju suggested, you should read the interview reviews for South Africa. Good luck!

The reason for the petition is to prove bona fidas of marriage, hence you should put your bona fida evidence with the petition. Bringing some photos and a couple of additional proof to the interview is one thing but what OP is talking about is a mile long list of bona fidas proof and that, should have been included with the petition. Also remember that some embassies and counselors will not look at additional proof of bona fida marriage brought to the interview, they will base their decision on the packet they have received through UCSIS/NVC and how you answer the questions at the interview. Judging from other Scandinavian posters e.g., Sweden's one of those embassies who very rarely looks at proof brought to the interview.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Good day all.

We received our NOA2 hard copy yesterday ( May 11th ) ( CSC) and we are aware that this now goes to the NVC stage, however, while we are waiting we thought we would prepare for the interview in the mean time.

My question is only regarding the proof of relationship part. so, as I know many of you we have 100's of photos of us together, I just wanted to know what would be the best way to present these. Would making a photo-book album( like the ones you do for your wedding) be advisable, as this will show everything very neatly?

Otherwise, could anyone give me an indication as to which way you presented your photos and other evidence? Because we have ( up to today) the following already:

2. Emails

5. Video chat logs

6. Iphone screenshots of picture moments( this is where photos get "geotagged" and are displayed by where they were taken)

7. Stamped letters

• just us
  • her holidays with me
  • my holidays with her

Are we in Good shape with all this? what is the best way to present all of this?

* off topic, realistically, how long should we expect to wait to hear from the NVC( as the NOA2 hard copy said that the process takes 2-4 weeks) ?

Thank you everyone.

Kid

NewKid,

When you go to the interview don't bother with a big binder. It wont fit thought the window, and you will be ask to take everything out. Several couples came with these huge photo books and they had to rip everything out.

For the photos during the interview I put the date /location/ and who was in the photo on a sheet of paper under the photo. I had 3 pictures for each piece of paper. Just glue the photo to the piece of paper. I started in the beginning of the relationship. I had some pictures of the wedding. Pictures of my husband with my family.

I had a cover sheet with all my evidence and I listed everything on the cover sheet.

Your evidence looks good!

Thank you everyone!

I think I have a good idea about this now.

I do appreciate all the assistance.

All the best to you all

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

Good day all.

2. Emails

5. Video chat logs

7. Stamped letters

• just us
  • her holidays with me
  • my holidays with her

Thank you everyone.

Kid

Hi Kid

Nice to meet a fellow Saffa! Just wanted to say good luck with the NVC thing. We have only just received our scan date (12 May) and so now are waiting for the magical CC (case complete) and then hopefully not too long to the interview. Sounds like you are very well prepared for your interview, but echo the advice of some of the other replies - put everything into a ringbinder so you can easily take things out (if they are specifically asked for) and slide them under the window. I've already got my binder ready and waiting with just about everything you've mentioned. Only thing I'm waiting for is my new police clearance certificate as the one I currently have expires on the 26th of June and I'm pretty sure I won't get my interview date before then. Pain in the butt as everything takes so loooooong here in SA (took 3 months for the last one to arrive), but apart from that I'm ready - and sounds like you are too! Good luck to both of us then!

Cheers :D

Edited by mrsbrook

2012/04/22: Introduced by a mutual friend in SA
2012/05/10: Officially in love! (L) (L) (L):wub:
2014/03/17: Married (happiest day of our lives)
2014/03/26: He leaves for US; I stay here and begin gathering documents :(
2014/06/30: Finally able to file I-130 (Nebraska)
2015/01/21: NOA2 (6 months and 19 days)
2015/02/24: Pay both AOS and IV fees
2015/05/05: Submit AOS packet
2015/05/05: Submit IV packet
2015/05/08: Scan date :dance:

2015/06/16: Case placed under 'supervisor review' :ranting:

2015/07/01: CASE COMPLETE!! (54 days since scan date) :goofy::dancing: :joy: :rofl:

2015/07/09: Received case complete confirmation email from NVC

2015/07/14: Received interview date via telephone from NVC

2015/07/15: Received P4 email

2015/08/20: INTERVIEW!!!!

2015/08/20: DENIED 😢  - Instructed to file I-601

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Process abandoned because we couldn't be apart any longer, plus $5,000 fee for I-601 - nope

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2021/06/23: Re-hired Lizz Cannon to resume I-601 Waiver application

2021/08/20: All required documents submitted to attorney Lizz Cannon, waiting for her to file I-601

Hi Kid

Nice to meet a fellow Saffa! Just wanted to say good luck with the NVC thing. We have only just received our scan date (12 May) and so now are waiting for the magical CC (case complete) and then hopefully not too long to the interview. Sounds like you are very well prepared for your interview, but echo the advice of some of the other replies - put everything into a ringbinder so you can easily take things out (if they are specifically asked for) and slide them under the window. I've already got my binder ready and waiting with just about everything you've mentioned. Only thing I'm waiting for is my new police clearance certificate as the one I currently have expires on the 26th of June and I'm pretty sure I won't get my interview date before then. Pain in the butt as everything takes so loooooong here in SA (took 3 months for the last one to arrive), but apart from that I'm ready - and sounds like you are too! Good luck to both of us then!

Cheers :D

Hi Mrsbrook.

Great to see another Saffa indeed!

I will take notice of the advise of the other responders.

As for your PCC, I had mine done last month, waited only 15 days for it. so it is much quicker now than before.

Best of luck with the journey! Keep me posted on how things are going.

All the best

Kid

Hi Mrsbrook.

Great to see another Saffa indeed!

I will take notice of the advise of the other responders.

As for your PCC, I had mine done last month, waited only 15 days for it. so it is much quicker now than before.

Best of luck with the journey! Keep me posted on how things are going.

All the best

Kid

15 Days??!! How on earth did you get this right? I sent my application via courier to Pretoria about a week ago, with instructions for them to send me a text message once it was ready so I could send the courier to collect it. Please tell me how you went about getting it so quickly?

2012/04/22: Introduced by a mutual friend in SA
2012/05/10: Officially in love! (L) (L) (L):wub:
2014/03/17: Married (happiest day of our lives)
2014/03/26: He leaves for US; I stay here and begin gathering documents :(
2014/06/30: Finally able to file I-130 (Nebraska)
2015/01/21: NOA2 (6 months and 19 days)
2015/02/24: Pay both AOS and IV fees
2015/05/05: Submit AOS packet
2015/05/05: Submit IV packet
2015/05/08: Scan date :dance:

2015/06/16: Case placed under 'supervisor review' :ranting:

2015/07/01: CASE COMPLETE!! (54 days since scan date) :goofy::dancing: :joy: :rofl:

2015/07/09: Received case complete confirmation email from NVC

2015/07/14: Received interview date via telephone from NVC

2015/07/15: Received P4 email

2015/08/20: INTERVIEW!!!!

2015/08/20: DENIED 😢  - Instructed to file I-601

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Process abandoned because we couldn't be apart any longer, plus $5,000 fee for I-601 - nope

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2021/06/23: Re-hired Lizz Cannon to resume I-601 Waiver application

2021/08/20: All required documents submitted to attorney Lizz Cannon, waiting for her to file I-601

15 Days??!! How on earth did you get this right? I sent my application via courier to Pretoria about a week ago, with instructions for them to send me a text message once it was ready so I could send the courier to collect it. Please tell me how you went about getting it so quickly?

HAHA. I am not sure, I had it delivered to HQ got an sms from the police service that it was received, and got an sms from them again 14 days later saying it was completed and I had it couriered back to me the next day, so 15 days in total. What I would suggest doing is going to the police service website, they have a tracking tool, where you put in your ID and it says when it was received and will also tell you when it was finalized, I looked at it everyday till I saw it says finalized, because I heard the horror stories of it taking months to get, but I also heard the same stories about the Unabridged Birth certificate, but got that back in 12 days from submission. Funny story, the home affairs lady asked me the following when I came to collect after 12 days. " Do you work in government( no i dont) do you know anyone in government( no again) Did you speak to the president? ( still no) because I have never seen it completed this quickly" I had a nice laugh at that one.

So you will get an sms saying it was accepted and get another one saying when it is done( usually the SMS is a day or two after it is actually done) Hope that helps? anything else, you are welcome to PM me.

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.