redlove671

December 2014 filer TSC...confusing case with pregnancy

23 posts in this topic

I have a confusing case...

We filed for K-1 visa with the help from my immigration attorney, case receipt confirmed by TSC on December 15, 2014. Right after we filed for my fiancé’s visa, I was living with him in my home country for 3 months. One week after my return to the US, I surprisingly found out that I am pregnant. I am now 4 months pregnant living alone in the US with my 74 years old father whose tourist visa will expire in August. Our attorney did make a request for expedite visa processing on humanitarian basis which was denied by TSC. We have been waiting for NOA2 for nearly 5 months and I don't know when my fiancé will be able to get a visa. My expected due date is late October. As the baby is growing bigger every day, I really need him to be here with me as soon as possible.

It is too complicated for me to go back to my home country and give birth to the baby there. I have my business that needs my presence here in the US. And the 29 hour trip back to home with countless of security X-ray (?) checkpoints, 12 hour different time zone and climate just frightens me.

What should I do?

Edited by redlove671

Hey, I'm sorry for your situation. But I can relate. I gave birth to our son last September, 6 months after leaving my fiancé in the US and him not being able to be here for the birth. He was only able to visit for a few weeks when our son was 2 months old. We're January filers and my fiancé hasn't seen us since last November. It is hard and I certainly feel for you. Unfortunately, pregnancy is not grounds for an expedite, otherwise I'd imagine there would be a few more of us pregnant :D all I can really offer you is my experience as pretty much a single parent until we can be reunited once again which may not be for a while (we're also at TSC) Basically, stay strong and healthy. You will get through this. This entire process is not fair nor easy but once you have your little one in your arms you'll remember what it's all for. If I didn't have our son to keep me occupied while we wait for approval I'd probably have gone insane by now. It is hard and more difficult alone but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep positive. Take care of yourself and your little one once he/she arrives :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Also, I flew when I was 8 weeks and again at 14 weeks pregnant. I went through numerous xray machines . And both were long haul flights. I gave birth to a very healthy, happy little boy who is now almost 8 months old. I was nervous with flying pregnant but in my experience I had an uncomplicated pregnancy and flights. If that's any help :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Also you can opt out of going through those machines they will pat you down really good I did it the 3 times I flew overseas which was a little over a day of straight flying never went through them .

Hi racheal&david,

Were you in the US and going through the pregnancy and birth by yourself? Did you have any relative or family member here to support you through the whole process at that time? I find it very hard to deal with the situation by myself. My father does not speak English nor driving, so he pretty much depends on me on everything. If I go back to my home country to give birth to the baby, will it be difficult to get him an US passport/bringing him to the US?

Thanks,

Edited by redlove671

I'm in my husbands foreign country going to give birth next month it's not a hard process if it's the route you chose to go .

Everyone in my family does not want me to go back. They are afraid it will not be safe for the baby especially at my age (40) and I have a 10 years old son to take care of here in the US (He is splitting time with me and my ex-husband).

But perhaps I should go if I have no other choice.

Timeline

When the baby is born you and the father (your fiancé) will both have to make an appointment at your embassy to get a CRBA for the baby as well at the same time you can apply to get the babies social security card and U.S. Passport as well . You will need to prove you are a U.S citizen and that you have been in the u.s. for 5 full years 2 of those being after the age of 14 . Easy proof is highschool/ college transcripts . Depending on your embassy this can be super quick or a few weeks .

Timeline

Everyone in my family does not want me to go back. They are afraid it will not be safe for the baby especially at my age (40) and I have a 10 years old son to take care of here in the US (He is splitting time with me and my ex-husband).

But perhaps I should go if I have no other choice.

I felt emotionally it was better to be with my husband during it like most women yourself too probably will feel as well . I was the opposite when I flew really young 20, and had had a early miscarriage about 2 months before got pregnant again the month after, my flights to Jordan were while I was 10 weeks, 15, and lastly at 18 never went through machines and my flights were very long takes about 27 hrs of straight flying to get to Jordan . I had also flew to Egypt for a trip while I was 21-22 weeks And everything has been great I'll give birth next month and there are 0 problems with my pregnancy and the baby . Just to ease your mind about being pregnant and flying I was in the air almost the first half of mine it felt like haha .

I felt emotionally it was better to be with my husband during it like most women yourself too probably will feel as well . I was the opposite when I flew really young 20, and had had a early miscarriage about 2 months before got pregnant again the month after, my flights to Jordan were while I was 10 weeks, 15, and lastly at 18 never went through machines and my flights were very long takes about 27 hrs of straight flying to get to Jordan . I had also flew to Egypt for a trip while I was 21-22 weeks And everything has been great I'll give birth next month and there are 0 problems with my pregnancy and the baby . Just to ease your mind about being pregnant and flying I was in the air almost the first half of mine it felt like haha .

It sounds very assuring. What happens if the TSC requests me to send something when I am in my home country, i.e. original copy of my bank statements?

Timeline

Bring anything and everything you think you might even remotely possibly need, originals and all . I left the U.S. Four months ago when I was still at the Nebraska service center for my husbands spouse visa, we're now at the nvc step, I brought every paper I thought I could ever need with me . You can usually get bank statements online through your bank I have pnc and they send me one monthly so maybe check in with your bank and see about that .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Bring anything and everything you think you might even remotely possibly need, originals and all . I left the U.S. Four months ago when I was still at the Nebraska service center for my husbands spouse visa, we're now at the nvc step, I brought every paper I thought I could ever need with me .

I don't know if they will accept a printed copy with no "colorful" bank letterhead. Maybe a color printed copy will work? Also, they will ask for the most recent ones. By the time our case is considered, the original copies I bring will probably too old.

I am trying to stay positive... I think I will stay in the US and we will take one step at a time. I hope my fiance will get his visa soon. This process is really killing us.

:)

Edited by redlove671

Timeline

Well just incase you decide the other route I edited my last post to mention that some banks do online statements and to possibly check that out . Good luck with everything .

Pregnancy is pretty much never a valid expedite reason. Many many many women go through entire pregnancies alone and give birth on their own (without a spouse or a support person) and are just fine. You may want to try extending the stay of your father if he is your support system but also consider hiring a doula.

http://www.dona.org/mothers/

Best of luck to you and I wish you a speedy journey. Prepare for the baby the best you can and hope that the visa process moves quickly.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.