ltylowell618

I need help! Poor me for interview today for early application

8 posts in this topic

Hi Vj,

I just finished the interview today and I do all the test is pass, but the IO said they make my green card mistake for the day 5/20/2011 instead of 2/15/2012.

I just follow the green card is application for N400. But the IO said my card make down is my I130 application 2011 instead of I485 02/15/2012. So she said I apply to early and I said I just follow the law before the green card mention 2011 then I can apply for the three year married. But the IO said they make mistake for the card. So she request me withdraw the case and then file the I912 for waive the fee for N400. I need to reapply the N400 including the I912. Did anyone like my case before? I really don't want to apply again and pay the fee again. Because this is not my false. sigh....really want to cry.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

When did you actually send in your case? Because it has been over three years since that second date, too....

How did you get to the USA and when did you actually get your greencard?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi Penguin,

My green card show permanent resident date is 05/20/2011.

Then I send the N400 on Oct 20, 2014.

I do my I130 Oct 2011.

so that why the IO said first the permanent card put down the wrong date on it.

And I follow the permanent card to apply the N400. I did not know the card date is wrong. sigh.

So when did you have your interview for I-485 AOS?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Vj,

I just finished the interview today and I do all the test is pass, but the IO said they make my green card mistake for the day 5/20/2011 instead of 2/15/2012.

I just follow the green card is application for N400. But the IO said my card make down is my I130 application 2011 instead of I485 02/15/2012. So she said I apply to early and I said I just follow the law before the green card mention 2011 then I can apply for the three year married. But the IO said they make mistake for the card. So she request me withdraw the case and then file the I912 for waive the fee for N400. I need to reapply the N400 including the I912. Did anyone like my case before? I really don't want to apply again and pay the fee again. Because this is not my false. sigh....really want to cry.......

So the interviewer said that your actual green card date was February 2012?

It looks like you should have applied in November 2014, so you applied one month too early.

Really bad luck. I know its not your fault, but legally, you applied too early, so the interviewer cannot approve you.

You will probably have to reapply. You should write a letter of explanation with your fee-waiver request and I hope it gets approved.

If they denied your application, you could have appealed the decision, but that may not have helped.

Since you withdrew the application, your only choice is to reapply.

Again, you did nothing wrong, so don't feel bad. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do. You can file your new N400 tomorrow.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Hi Jimmy,

Sigh, I apply the I130 on 3/22/2011, then I apply the I485 on 5/20/2012. They make down my permanent resident date is 05/20/2011( I guess they use work card date for green card) . Then I did not know they put wrong date on green card, then I just follow the green card court 3 year to apply the N400. The IO find out the green card mention wrong for date: 05/20/2011 instead 05/20/12, so they said I need to reapply again, because they find out the green card correct date should be 05/20/12, so IO said I apply to early on it.

Right now nothing I can do, just follow the IO said I do form I912 and combine the N400 reapply on it. But I did not know they can waive the fee or not. sigh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Jimmy,

Sigh, I apply the I130 on 3/22/2011, then I apply the I485 on 5/20/2012. They make down my permanent resident date is 05/20/2011( I guess they use work card date for green card) . Then I did not know they put wrong date on green card, then I just follow the green card court 3 year to apply the N400. The IO find out the green card mention wrong for date: 05/20/2011 instead 05/20/12, so they said I need to reapply again, because they find out the green card correct date should be 05/20/12, so IO said I apply to early on it.

Right now nothing I can do, just follow the IO said I do form I912 and combine the N400 reapply on it. But I did not know they can waive the fee or not. sigh.

Hopefully they will waive the fee, but there's no guarantee. As you said, there's not much you can do, and it's not really your fault. It's just bad luck.

Make sure that you attach a letter explaining the mistake in detail when you send in your waiver request. They have to understand that it was a USCIS mistake. Include all the dates of your application, your bio, and your interview in the letter as well as all the details of the mistake. Make sure to get someone who is fluent in English to right the letter for you; you clearly speak English and your posts are understandable, but you will need someone more fluent to write a clear and convincing letter.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.