mischsobel

Do you get to choose your interview date or is it assigned?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you get to choose your interview date? Ill be in Brazil in August which can be right around the time of the interview, more or less. Boyfriend and I thought about going together. Does it even matter though if I'm there? Will they let me in room with him or will I wait outside? Just curious if anyone knows/ went to consulate as well, along with their spouse getting interviewed

Timeline

Do you get to choose your interview date? Ill be in Brazil in August which can be right around the time of the interview, more or less. Boyfriend and I thought about going together. Does it even matter though if I'm there? Will they let me in room with him or will I wait outside? Just curious if anyone knows/ went to consulate as well, along with their spouse getting interviewed

No, you don't get to choose, the interview date is assigned by the Embassy and both of you (Beneficiary and Petitioner) will be contacted by e-mail. Later on the beneficiary should receive a letter at his/her address with the same info s/he received by e-mail. The interview can be sooner or later than you expected, I wouldn't make any prediction about dates and etc. My interview was schedule after 2 months of their contact and I have seen people with assigned interviews in less than a month of their first contact

In MY opinion (Personal opinion) I think it's always good to have the petitioner around, HOWEVER it's not a MUST. They will let you go to the interview cabin but the question are mainly for the beneficiary so you won't probably open your mouth. I didn't have my fiancé with me and everything went well. Many people take their petitioners with them and you can take a look at the Embassy Reviews to learn a little bit more about these experiences!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to MSLA Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions requirements can be country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Is the process the same in Jamaica? Will they contact him to schedule the interview?

Sorry, I am not sure about the process in Jamaica! You could take a look at your local portal here and check how it works there!! Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your apply for whatever kind of visa you need with the USCIS, have to wait in a long line for this, then it is shifted over to the DOS for processing, you are in the back of a long line again. With either, you don't dare be even a second late for your appointment or find yourself in the rear of that long line again.

Speaking from experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.