HBADA

Administrative Processing for IV

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

Please if anyone can help !!!

I had my interview Nov 26, 2014

After my interview ( Montreal Consulate ) IO said they need more document ( recent pay stubs ) from my daughter's work place, I submit all document required and they received it Feb 20th 2015.

Then i contacted NVC several times and they kept telling me that my case is under Administrative Processing, 2 weeks ago I contacted NVC and they told me that my case is finished and was transferred to US Consulate in Montreal for more information contact US consulate in Montreal.

I sent few emails and they replied that they will process my case and IO will notify me with results.

When i check my status still show Administrative Processing.

Can any one please help me how long it will take consulate in Montreal to make decision after they receive it from NVC ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC has nothing to do with your case anymore because you have been interviewed at the embassy already. You should send an email to Montreal's IV unit. Follow the correct email format.

AP can go on for weeks or months. There's no specific timeline as every case is unique. Maybe they're doing more security background checks on top of reviewing the pay stubs.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Here is last email i received from US Consulate in Montreal on April 30th 2015:

Thank you for your inquiry!

Please note that your file is with the consular office for review. Once we have an update on the status of your file we will gladly notify you.

Best regards,

Edited by HBADA

HBADA, I am on AP too since Feb 2015, My interview was on Feb 25.

I have the same response from Montreal as yours. I just got it this morning.

Good morning,

Unfortunately, your file is still undergoing administrative processing. If you wish to have your passport returne to you for travel purposes please send us an email requesting that we do that. You will then have to courier it back to our office.

OP11

Know that you're not alone in this painful process. :-(

Timeline

Hi

Did they tell you why they put you under administrative processing ?

Missing documents as well?

They have my passport but didn't tell me this:

If you wish to have your passport returne to you for travel purposes please send us an email requesting that we do that. You will then have to courier it back to our office.

Yeah, I was missing canada police certificate which is stupid coz i'm not a Canadian resident nor stayed in Canada longer than 6 months!! But I obeyed and submitted the docs with my passport. so almost 2 months now I am waiting.

Oh because, I have asked if they can send my passport coz i need to travel. Disregard that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.