grad_student

Will I get (false) checklist if AOS and IV package not submitted soon after submitting DS-260 or paying AOS and IV fees?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I read on NVC wiki by Saylin that in certain instances you can get a "false" checklist, and I would like to avoid getting one in future. As I have already explained on this forum here, I need to delay by NVC process so I have my 2 year home residency requirement fulfilled by the time I go in for the visa interview at the embassy.

I understand that there are various stages in the NVC process we can delay. I am wondering if I do not submit the package with AOS and IV documents soon after either paying the AOS and IV fees or submitting the online DS-260 form, will I get a false checklist?

Also, I read that getting a checklist delays the completion of NVC process (i.e. case completer) by around 60 days or whatever their current turnaround time is. I am wondering if getting a false checklist delays the completion of NVC process as well?

Thanks

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

You shouldn't. Generally a false checklist is generated when they receive one complete package, because they often don't check to see if they have the other one in the building.

A false checklist wouldn't have any bearing on the processing time of your case, anyway.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

So I read on NVC wiki by Saylin that in certain instances you can get a "false" checklist, and I would like to avoid getting one in future. As I have already explained on this forum here, I need to delay by NVC process so I have my 2 year home residency requirement fulfilled by the time I go in for the visa interview at the embassy.

I understand that there are various stages in the NVC process we can delay. I am wondering if I do not submit the package with AOS and IV documents soon after either paying the AOS and IV fees or submitting the online DS-260 form, will I get a false checklist?

Also, I read that getting a checklist delays the completion of NVC process (i.e. case completer) by around 60 days or whatever their current turnaround time is. I am wondering if getting a false checklist delays the completion of NVC process as well?

Thanks

I am not sure exactly what you want to know...When exactly will you reach your 2 year home residency requirement?

There are a lot of things you can do to delay the process...wait to pay fees, wait to send in the IV/AOS package, send in the AOS separate from the IV package, do not submit all the required documents which will generate a checklist, when you get your interview reschedule for a later date...I believe someone who knows more than me said that you have up to a year of inactivity before your file is sent back to the USCIS.

A REAL checklist for a missing document, joint sponsor, etc, will reset the clock at the NVC for review which is currently about 30 days after they receive the missing item. This is because they need time to review what was wrong not because it resets the 1 year contact clock.

A checklist for submitting the DS-260 will not reset the clock. They're just notifying you that it's available to do you and they have reviewed your documentation otherwise.

You can delay sending each thing to the NVC for 1 year. Pay the AOS blll, wait 1 year, send the documents, wait a year, pay the IV bill, wait a year, do the DS-260.. get case complete. You can drag it out for quite some time. I suggest, however, sending things more often than that just to keep it moving especially if you don't have to wait THAT long.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok thanks fellas

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.