Capricorn80

2016 DV Entry.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of this, a friend of mine who was selected for DV 2015 as a single applicant and will be interviewed in a few months from now and then put in a re-entry for last year DV 2016 as a couple, is this going to affect his interview?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of this, a friend of mine who was selected for DV 2015 as a single applicant and will be interviewed in a few months from now and then put in a re-entry for last year DV 2016 as a couple, is this going to affect his interview?

It is no problem but can l ask if he/she has added his/her partner on the DS260 for the DV2015 interview?

If not it needs to be done asap!!

Thanks for your swift response. He has signed in his ds 260 already as single applicant for 2015.

But he is presumably married now so he needs to update it and add his wife, immediately.

If he goes to interview claiming to still be single when he is married, he will either (1) be denied if they find out or (2) if they don't, he will never be able to bring his wife to the U.S.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Biggie&Sussie. No he's not yet married, DS 260 is already in and has already gotten 2nd notification letter as well for interview. He's worried about this.

That's why l asked about them being married or not. As soon as you mentioned him having an interview but going as single......l knew something was up.

As SusieQQQ mentioned above if he goes in as single, its going to be long long wait to get his partner in. He will have to be a US citizen.

If it's a genuine relationship and time is available he needs to get married, amend the DS260 and provide proof of a genuine relationship, pics, communication......etc at the interview

Edited by Biggie

From my understanding, concealing a spouse is material misrepresentation that amounts to immigration fraud (exactly why he would be denied if found out at interview), thus any revelation of such spouse, even after he is a citizen, risks him getting his green card or citizenship revoked.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

he can get married and let the consulate know before the interview so that he can add his wife.

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Thanks Biggie&Sussie. No he's not yet married, DS 260 is already in and has already gotten 2nd notification letter as well for interview. He's worried about this.

If he's not married why did he enter for DV2016 as a couple?! Very odd.

I have no idea if they will bother to check other year's DV entries too but if they do it would surely raise questions.

I registered as a single , and recently I got married but the nationality of my wife is not eligible for the lottery. Will this have an effect on my application?

No, it won't. In fact, a spouse from a non-eligible country can even enter on their own by cross-charging eligibility to the other spouse.

I'm not clear if you are waitig for a DV2015 interview or have entered for DV2016. If DV2015, you need to update your DS forms to reflect your added spouse as well as fill in one for her. If DV2016 and you get selected, then add her on to the entry when you submit your DS forms.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you guys for contributing. We have been asking outside this forum as well he were told that as long he wasn't selected for DV 2016 it is no problem. He checked the entry status and was not selected. This is good news on his part. Thank you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.