CandAm

Last Minute document by Montreal request after interview date has been scheduled by NVCs been sc

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need help... After waiting for over a year my day just got depressing!! Received interview date on 4/22 .Interview scheduled in Montreal for 5/5/2015... Tuesday.. File was complete by NVC since 3/23. NVC had requested Canadian Police Certificate which we provided and also have original for interview.Just received email today about 2 hours ago from Montreal that they need Jamaican police record.I have not lived in Jamaica in over 40 years. Naturalized Canadian citizen. Process for Jamaica to get police record is 1-2 weeks. Should we go for the interview any way and take our chances??Had to have police record back in the 70's to become Canadian citizen.

Timeline

YES u need a Police Clearance in Jamaica if you live there

Police clearance letter – from both 40years here in Canada and 1to 16y/o in Jamaica

From your...

If you were...

And resided there...

Country of nationality

At least 16 years of age

At least 6 months

Country of residence

At least 16 years of age

At least 6 months

Country of previous residence

At least 16 years of age

At least 1 year

Any country where you were arrested

Any age

For any timeframe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I need help... After waiting for over a year my day just got depressing!! Received interview date on 4/22 .Interview scheduled in Montreal for 5/5/2015... Tuesday.. File was complete by NVC since 3/23. NVC had requested Canadian Police Certificate which we provided and also have original for interview.Just received email today about 2 hours ago from Montreal that they need Jamaican police record.I have not lived in Jamaica in over 40 years. Naturalized Canadian citizen. Process for Jamaica to get police record is 1-2 weeks. Should we go for the interview any way and take our chances??Had to have police record back in the 70's to become Canadian citizen.

Anyway you don't have 1-2 weeks to spend on jamaican PCC. But you can at least apply to get one or start processing to get one if possible.

So just go and have interview. If they ask explain them the situation that you were not be able to get it As it takes almost 2 weeks.

You might get visa or may be 221g for missing document but it will be cleared as soon as to provide required document to yhem.

So take your chance and go to the interview.

Good luck

Timeline

For sure go get the interview. They may let you through anyway. If not, that part is over and you can wait on the Police Certificate and send it in. If you lose your spot for the interview you could be waiting a long time for another one. Sending in the paper later will save a lot of time rather than rescheduling.

Timeline

Thank you all. Ticket bought Montreal here we come. Say prayers hoping for Approved!on Tuesday but if not as you correctly said this part is behind us.oat t

Be aware that you may get a 221G from Montreal for that police certificate (if you lived there AFTER age 16, not 1-16 like the other poster stated.. just wanted to clarify.) Montreal is very slow to respond and do anything about a 221g so be prepared for quite a wait afterwards.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Have'nt updated my timeline yet but hubby had his interview. All went well but they absolutely want the Jamaican PC.We should have that by next week.The CO told him that as soon he sends this in they will issue his Visa..Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Timeline

Hello I am wondering if anyone can answer this question for me. At the interview because my hubby had only the Canadian Police Cert and not also the Jamaican police record he was given a 221G. The CO also said he needed a joint sponsor because for 2014 I was totally self employed. We have gathered all these requirements now. He was told to send them in along with his passport via Loomis and that because everything else was satisfactory his visa would be issued as soon as they receive these documents. Does anyone know the timeline for this for someone applying for a IR-1/CR-1 Visa. wE ARE SO WORN OUT FROM THIS 14 MONTH Odyssey :)

your insight would be greatly appreciated. We are just looking for the light at the end of this tunnel..

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hello

Just seeing your post. I am in similar situation and still waiting after sending in additional documents, end March.

I have tried all avenues including contacting congressman. In the meantime, the medical exam is close to expiry and will probably have to be repeated, thus making it longer still. Sorry I don't have more cheery news, and I hope your wait is not as long as mine.

Hello I am wondering if anyone can answer this question for me. At the interview because my hubby had only the Canadian Police Cert and not also the Jamaican police record he was given a 221G. The CO also said he needed a joint sponsor because for 2014 I was totally self employed. We have gathered all these requirements now. He was told to send them in along with his passport via Loomis and that because everything else was satisfactory his visa would be issued as soon as they receive these documents. Does anyone know the timeline for this for someone applying for a IR-1/CR-1 Visa. wE ARE SO WORN OUT FROM THIS 14 MONTH Odyssey :)
your insight would be greatly appreciated. We are just looking for the light at the end of this tunnel..

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

I was also put on AP since Feb 25, 2015 coz I was missing Police certificate. Contacted the congress and asked for help but totally useless. The embassy just say the same damn thing every time you send inquiry....

I am losing my mind, and can't take it anymore. What a long wait.

Timeline

We received PC and sent to Consulate via. Loomis today..Monday is a Holiday so Consulate in Montreal will be closed. Hang in there mcdan because after a long wait ssatry just got his VISA hopefully you and my hubby will get good news next week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.