Philly512

If you were the officer doing my interview?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everybody keeps telling me I should be ok but I can't help to worry, here is my story, the honest truth and I'm sorry in advance for the typos and the long post

December 2010 I met a guy through a friend, he was in the military, he was in Afghanistan by the time and we started an online relationship, in May 2011 he came back to the U.S. For 2 weeks and we decided to get married, I was in love with the guy he showed me he was, he went back to Afghanistan to I stayed at my moms house, he came back to the U.S. In August and got stationed in COlorado springs, he arranged everything and I moved from New York to Colorado with my daughter from a previous relationship.

Before I go any further let me tell you about a guy I met 2 weeks after I married through fb , he became my best friend, he knew I was married and it always was a friendship thing.

Ok now back to my husband, after I moved to Colorado I realized he was different from what I thought, he had a problem with alcohol, he was always mad (I always thought it was post traumatic depression but he never listened to me), very controlling, didn't let me go out, I couldn't even check the mail, it was a very sad time for me, I was far away from my family and I was realizing I made a mistake marrying so fast somebody I didn't know well.

Things got worse, he even got a DUI, always partying with other women while I was locked at home, many times I told him I was leaving and he said he was gonna get me deported, I was stupid enough to believe that (I came to this country when I was 14 years old on a tourist visa), through all this the only support I had was the guy I told you I met, he was always telling me to try to fix things but do what was best for me.

After a night of trying to talk to my husband about his alcohol problems and how he had to change he decides to take his gun out to clean it and kept pointing it at me when I kept talking (it wasn't loaded but still I felt horrified), that's when I decided to leave, I asked my mom for help but she was going through so much already with her own relationship that she couldn't do much, everybody turned their backs on me, I know I should have seeked for help with the army but I didn't know how, I was terrified ...my friend, the one I told you about offered me his home, I spoke with my husband about separating and he told me to just move out so he could accuse me of abandonment, I moved to my friends house in Pennsylvania with my daughter on June 2012, feeling like my life was over, feeling devastated about my daughter having to deal with all that ...after 2 weeks of living in Pa I realized I liked my friend and we started "dating", I immediately started a divorce process which took a little longer because he didn't want sign but since we didn't have kids together or any property the judge granted it anyway, the process went from August 2012 to April 2013, in January we found out I was pregnant (according to the Drs I couldn't get pregnant after I had my first because of some problems with my ovaries), I didn't say anything because I didn't want the divorce process to be stopped, anyway we had been separated for 6 months already and I knew the baby wasn't my by then husband.

Like I said the divorces was finalized on April, I married the other guy on June 2013, our baby girl was born on sept 2013 and we've been the happiest little family since then.

We finally got the money to file for my AOS this February and my interview is tomorrow, I'm so terrified that the officer is gonna be like #######? When he sees all the dates and starts asking questions and it's seriously complicated to explain. I have a lawyer, he says it shouldn't matter because I didn't file for anything when I was married with the other guy and that if they ask I just need to tell them my story just like I just told you.

At this point I already lost track of this post, don't even know what I'm asking for, maybe what would you think if you were the officer tomorrow at my interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi dont worry about it too much.

Its about your current husband and they will prolly ask abt ur current marriage n not ur previous one.

What I have read about on this forum is that they will notice if you are a genuine couple or not. I don't think I have read anywhere that they would ask about your previous marriage they might drop probably a brief question about it and that its it.

But seriously don't worry too much about it aos it's not about your previous marriage.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow I hope it goes well for you and that you get ur green card approval right away.

22 december 2014 - POE on VWP in EWR

26 december 2014 - married

2015 decided to do AOS

20 march - packet sent

22 march - arrived at chicago (day 1)

27 march - check cashed (day 6)

5 april - bio appointment received for april 15 (day 15)

10 april - sucessfull walkin bio + finally received NOAs (day 20)

15 april - original bio date (day 25)

2 june - EAD approved (day 70)

30 july - e-mail received, interview is scheduled on sept 2 (day 130)

Waiting for interview now..

2 sept - interview (on day 164..)

Timeline

Hi dont worry about it too much.

Its about your current husband and they will prolly ask abt ur current marriage n not ur previous one.

What I have read about on this forum is that they will notice if you are a genuine couple or not. I don't think I have read anywhere that they would ask about your previous marriage they might drop probably a brief question about it and that its it.

But seriously don't worry too much about it aos it's not about your previous marriage.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow I hope it goes well for you and that you get ur green card approval right away.

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really helps with the anxiety, the interview is actually today (I made the post last night), in about 5 hours but I have to leave home earlier since it's a long drive :)

Timeline

How did it go?

2015 decided to do AOS

20 march - packet sent

Timeline

How did it go?

Can you believe she didn't even ask a single question? Lol I sure was worrying for nothing ...she just took about 30 min looking at my application and evidence page by page without saying a word, then asked me my name, DOB, address and then told me to wait for an answer in the next 30 days -_- I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get an answer right away but I know it's pretty common for them to do this, it could have been worse so I'm feeling great lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congratulations on interview and congratulation on the tough decision u made to pursue a happier life by seeking a happier life with your new husband

*i130 accepted and assigned to Vermont Service Center - February 24,2015

*i485, i765 filed along with i797c for i130 accepted -- March 31,2015

**birth of baby boy Samir ------ April 2, 2015

*i797c for i485, i765 received in mail ------ April 11,2015

*biometrics appointment notice for april 27, 2015 ----- April 17, 2015

*biometrics completed at East Hartford ASC ---- April 27,2015

*EAD approved(found out via uscis ombudsman) -- June 13,2015

*EAD picked up by USPS --- June 19, 2015

*notification: EAD delivered by USPS to my mailbox (none seen) --- June 20, 2015

* received EAD in mail ------- June 22,2015

* applied for SSN -------- June 25, 2015

* went to local SSA office and got SSN (not card) --- June 30, 2015

*i130 approved ----- July 1,2015

*received SSN card in mail ---- July 2,2015

------------------------

**Moved to Massachusetts ---- July 16, 2015

***notifications: interview scheduled for September 29, 2015---- August 24, 2015

** Green Card Approved on spot - September 29, 2015

** notification : card ordered - September 29, 2015

** notification : welcome notice mailed - September 29, 2015

** notification : card mailed - October 1, 2015

*** green card received in mail -October 3, 2015

Adjusted from b1/b2 visa ( SERVICE CENTER - NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER -- MSC)

Timeline

See nothingvto worry about :) im sure they will approve it ;)

2015 decided to do AOS

20 march - packet sent

Timeline

Thank you both for the comments. Just wanted to shared that yesterday I got the email update that said my green card was ordered to be produced. I'm so happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.