Kaye.kj

Can MTL cancel an interview? No packet 3 or 4 (merged)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm also wondering this.

After finally being given a MTL case# (we called NVC everyday for it since we didn't get any updates after NOA2 for more than 35 days), we finally got a case number!

I got super excited and sent packet 3 email to Montreal email. I also paid at the bank the visa fee of $265. They sent an email saying payment received and gave a link.. I clicked and was able to schedule an interview.

Soo.. Interview scheduled at Consulate for June, also then scheduled a medical 3 weeks before. All of this WITHOUT any packet 3 or 4. Was this not a good idea?

I keep getting scared by that big red box on the packet 3 downloaded from Montreal website:

YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO BOOK AN APPT. ALL UNAUTHORIZED APPT WILL BE CANCELLED WITHOUT NOTICE.

Really? How can I tell if they do that?

Any help appreciated.

Timeline

I haven't waited the longest but all of it sucks the same for all of us. Anyone with info on my dilemma, thank you:

NOA2 came pretty fast when we applied for fiancé visa. Then after more than 35 days waiting, we called and called and caaaaalled NVC until they finally said they got it from California Service Centre and HERE IS THE MTL CASE#! That was a Friday.

I got super excited and sent packet 3 checklist and all they ask for to Montreal email. (I downloaded the packet early). I also paid at the bank the visa fee of $265. They sent an email saying payment received and gave a link.. I clicked and was able to schedule an interview. All of this done by Tuesday.

Soo.. Interview scheduled at Consulate for June, also then scheduled a medical 3 weeks before. All of this WITHOUT any packet 3 or 4. Was this not a good idea?

I keep getting scared by that big red box on the packet 3 downloaded from Montreal website:

YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO BOOK AN APPT. ALL UNAUTHORIZED APPT WILL BE CANCELLED WITHOUT NOTICE.

Really? How can I tell if they do that? Apart from sitting and waiting some more to see if I should make travel plans to Montreal..

Has anyone gone to a K1 interview at Montreal without getting any packet 3 or 4?

Ahh, thanks for letting me rant. Fiancé is reassuring but not knowing bugs me so.

Any help appreciated. Thank you kindly, VjErs

Was your case at Montreal when you decided to do all this? Just because you have a case number doesn't mean Montreal has your case in their hands. Also you need the p4 letter before you can book an interview.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post split from another members thread and merged with similar thread. Please don't post your question in other members threads as it can cause confusion to the thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

They can... and they will.

We sent in Packet 3, and about a week later, got an email asking for my fiancé's Canadian PR card. He was waiting for the new one to come in, so he explained that, and sent them a copy of his old one, the receipt where he paid for the new one, and a document from the Canadian immigration site saying he was an PR. We got an email saying they needed they new card, but later that day, we got an email saying we could book the interview, so we did.

Two weeks later, he gets the new PR card. The following morning, our interview was canceled, without notice, only two weeks prior to the interview date. We pleaded our case, and I had my senator call on our behalf, and they reinstated the original date.

So yeah, watch out for that, and best of luck to you. :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center          AOS begins!                                                                                            ROC Time!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada (He is a German, but has been living in Canada for the last 5 years)

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-21                           Packet sent: 2015-06-22                                                                          Packet sent: 2017-11-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-29                        NOA1 for I-485 and EAD: 2015-07-02                                                 Receipt notice: 2017-12-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-03                       Biometrics Appt: 2015-07-28                                                                  Biometrics: 2017-12-28

NVC Received:No notice. Case # 2014-02-18    RFE: 2015-07-21 (RFE on I-485)                                              Approved w/o Interview: 2019-1-17

NVC Left : 2015-02-24                             RFE returned: 2015-07-29                                                                         Recieved: 2019-1-24

Consulate Received : 2015-02-26           Response received: 2015-08-03

Interview Date : 2015-04-15                   EAD Approved: 2015-09-04

Interview Result : APPROVED!! :D  EAD card Received: 2015-09-11

Visa Received : 2015-04-21                      Card Production Ordered: 2015-12-10 (No Interview! :D )

US Entry : 2015-04-23

Marriage : 2015-05-09

german_american_flags.jpg

fyi when i went through this process in 2011-2012 there was no p3 or p4 packages. everyone spoke of them but seldom were seen. guess nothing has changed. we all got was an email that we could proceed. i remember going to ceac and registering blindfolded hoping i was doing things correctly. turns out i did but was pretty scared as they mentioned no fees would be reimbursed if you accidentally paid twice, or had to cancel etc. turns out i ended up rescheduling the original interview to a later date because it was more convenient.

i would proceed if i were you as if you got the packages. everything you can find here or online. submit all papers and packages. they will notify you if something is remiss. get everything done prior to interview and be sure you have everything ready for montreal. one never knows what they will want to see....sometimes nothing, sometimes lots.

good luck.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

I'm also wondering this.

After finally being given a MTL case# (we called NVC everyday for it since we didn't get any updates after NOA2 for more than 35 days), we finally got a case number!

I got super excited and sent packet 3 email to Montreal email. I also paid at the bank the visa fee of $265. They sent an email saying payment received and gave a link.. I clicked and was able to schedule an interview.

Really? How can I tell if they do that?

Any help appreciated.

Can you update us or answer some of the questions that were posted please?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Was your case at Montreal when you decided to do all this? Just because you have a case number doesn't mean Montreal has your case in their hands. Also you need the p4 letter before you can book an interview.

Hi NLR,

Sorry for not replying right away, been away from all connections for awhile. I think that's what happened. We connected with NVC when they just assigned their MTL case number, and I completed all the above before it reached the Consulate. Thanks for the response!

Timeline

fyi when i went through this process in 2011-2012 there was no p3 or p4 packages. everyone spoke of them but seldom were seen. guess nothing has changed. we all got was an email that we could proceed. i remember going to ceac and registering blindfolded hoping i was doing things correctly. turns out i did but was pretty scared as they mentioned no fees would be reimbursed if you accidentally paid twice, or had to cancel etc. turns out i ended up rescheduling the original interview to a later date because it was more convenient.

i would proceed if i were you as if you got the packages. everything you can find here or online. submit all papers and packages. they will notify you if something is remiss. get everything done prior to interview and be sure you have everything ready for montreal. one never knows what they will want to see....sometimes nothing, sometimes lots.

good luck.

Thank you Mrs. Thb,

I'm going to do as you just said. Praying and hoping that nothing gets changed.

UPDATE:

Daily I check the status and the interview still says the same: Attend interview June 9th, 2015.

Still no packet 3 or 4 in email or my mailbox.

Something interesting:

When I go to CEAC to check status of my visa...

if I log in under IMMIGRANT VISA and enter my MTL case # it says: READY (Ready for Interview, etc etc).

but if I log in under NONIMMIGRANT VISA, then choose Canada - Montreal, and enter my DS-160 confirmation bar code # it says: NO STATUS.

Soo... here's to hoping and praying. All papers are set though. Just waiting for my medical on the 14th of this month.

Thank you all to those who have shared their replies. If there are any more, kindly let me know. Thanks!

They can... and they will.

We sent in Packet 3, and about a week later, got an email asking for my fiancé's Canadian PR card. He was waiting for the new one to come in, so he explained that, and sent them a copy of his old one, the receipt where he paid for the new one, and a document from the Canadian immigration site saying he was an PR. We got an email saying they needed they new card, but later that day, we got an email saying we could book the interview, so we did.

Two weeks later, he gets the new PR card. The following morning, our interview was canceled, without notice, only two weeks prior to the interview date. We pleaded our case, and I had my senator call on our behalf, and they reinstated the original date.

So yeah, watch out for that, and best of luck to you. :)

Thanks, Vicky! I'm afraid of this happening so I'm constantly checking online.

Quick question, how did you know the interview was cancelled? Was it online through the payment system website or did they call?

I wouldn't even know how to begin contacting a senator. But I'm glad it worked out the best for you guys! Cheers!

You should resend package 3 to the consulate Or at the very least email them. You are NOT supposed to book an iterview without the P4. Sending them info before the CEAC said ready just gave them info for a case they didn't have. They may have put it with your case together but may take longer, but you should try to find out.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thank you all to those who have responded.

All went well with the original date of the interview, I was able to have the interview. They request extra documents, though.

As NLR suggested, follow their steps.

The packet 4 was given as an attachment to an email saying you are now confirmed at this date and time for an interview. Print and bring packet 4 with you as a checklist. Makes life easier.

Im glad they didn't cancel your interview. I hope they're quicker then their ususal 3 months after needing docs for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.