Howeetest D

What happens if my Fiance gets deployed before I get my K-1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance was deployed back in 2013 and returned in, April last year. Have to say, those six months were so very stressfull. Didn't help he had to spend, Thanks Giving, Christmas, New Years, Our anniversay AND my birthday in Bahgram! But anyway, back to the point. We've found out that there's a possibility he may be deployed within the next 6 to 8 months. Hopefully he won't have to go.

My question is, what would happen if he leaves and I haven't entered the States yet? Or what would happen if I got my Visa, we got married and then he gets deployed? For one, we'll be newlyweds and I'd hate to have to spend more than 6 months apart right after we get married. 2) I don't know what I'd be able to do about AOS if he's not there. 3) Obviously I'll be there for however many months, by myself, not doing anything, not knowing anybody and not even able to leave the house to go to work because I won't even be able to, let alone have one at that time lol.

Anybody been through this or something similar?

ANY help would be appreciated!

Well. . . . As long as it's contructive lol.

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There are expedites available for US soldiers who are deployed about to be deployed and/ oron active duty have you looked into that? It is something I would definitely take advantage of if its a possibility. If you get here and he gets deployed shortly thereafter and have not done AOS yet, it's true that you cannot work until you get EAD but there are many ways to meet people other than at work. You can volunteer at a hospital, homeless shelter or a nursing home, you can join a gym(my husband did this as soon as he arrived in the US and he met a few guys who happened to be from his home country of Jordan at the gym and they became his first friends here, we were married and didn't have to AOS but it still took him several months to find a job), church is also a great place to meet like minded people if you are a church goer(my husband also met friends at mosque). I wish you guys the best and hopefully an expedite is an option for you and you get here before he is deployed, and maybe even better he won't be deployed at all,

Timeline

Just to add I am not in the military(I'm the U.S.citizen)nor is hubby, but I have been reading these boards for a few years and I have read many times of military couples getting an expedite. Perhaps an advanced search at the top right of the page would yield results. Search for military expedite or similar phrases and words

Timeline

Just to add I am not in the military(I'm the U.S.citizen)nor is hubby, but I have been reading these boards for a few years and I have read many times of military couples getting an expedite. Perhaps an advanced search at the top right of the page would yield results. Search for military expedite or similar phrases and words

Thank you very much for your responses!!

Hopefully he won't get deployed, it would make things so much easier and obviously he wouldn't be over in Afghanistan!

Just checked my status on CEAC and it says 'in transit', so all being well could be over by July. Still worried about the whole AOS situation though. So if we do get final concrete evidence that he's getting deployed then, expediting the AOS will have to be our option.

There's no way for me fly before I adjust is there?

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

v5Hb.png

Timeline

Thank you very much for your responses!!

Hopefully he won't get deployed, it would make things so much easier and obviously he wouldn't be over in Afghanistan!

Just checked my status on CEAC and it says 'in transit', so all being well could be over by July. Still worried about the whole AOS situation though. So if we do get final concrete evidence that he's getting deployed then, expediting the AOS will have to be our option.

There's no way for me fly before I adjust is there?

No, you cannot leave the country before AOS

Timeline

No, you cannot leave the country before AOS

Received a message from my fiancé on yesterday and luckily he won't be getting deployed! ??

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

v5Hb.png

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So i am going through exactly what you've mentioned. Came over got married Husband's commanding officer said unfortunately he couldn't hold him off any longer and now i'm here while he's in Afghanistan. As soon as i came over within 3 weeks we got court married, got a ssn, filed for aos, employment and advanced parole (march 26th). He deployed memorial day... and now i'm here... I'm able to drive on my canadian license for 6 months but can't get on insurance until i have an american license which i need my employment authorization for... Luckily it says as of may 19th ready to book interview for temp green card. I just have to bring in his orders to afghanistan and i'm allowed to go by myself... i'm not going to lie it sucks. We were long distance for 4 years and we get married and long distance again. I was really worried about being alone but a week before he deployed i met his friend's (they're deploying together) wife and shes showing me around town and we've gone out together.

So i'd say not to worry to much because the military community is nice from what i've seen LOL. but i would definitely submit paper work right away because everything is always a possibility with the military. Also i tried to expedite just the advanced parole so i could go home for some of the time but... nothing. they said i should get something in the mail requesting for evidence called since i never got it... asked them what the status is or what was happening and they said i would just have to wait.
hope that helps if you have any questions you can contact me :)

Military families tend to be a close knit group. The military also provides support for families of deployed members.

Best of luck to both of you.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.