Joshua Kaufman

Various questions about I-129F Application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Everyone :) First, I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Joshua Kaufman, an American citizen currently living between Zürich (work) and Munich (fiancee and her son). I've just started this whole process and have done a good amount of ground work, but I have a few questions I was hoping other forum members could answer. (I know some of this stuff has been posted elsewhere - apologies in advance - but I wanted to ask it all in one thread to make it a little easier for me - and maybe for members as well.)

1. My address. My permanent residence is Zürich, Switzerland but I spend most weekends in Munich, Germany. However, I'm currently looking for work in the United States and it's likely that I'll have a new address within the next few months. I was planning to use my parents' address in Pennsylvania so they could then forward anything they receive to my new address, where ever that might be, but I realize this might not be the best option. What address should I use as my current address?

2. Description of meeting. I admit I haven't done much searching around this, but there's isn't much guidance on the checklist regarding this. My current description is "I, Joshua Kaufman, met my fiancée, Janine-Opal Fischer, on 5 January 2004 in London, England, UK at a night club. Miss Fischer was bartending and I approached her and asked her for her phone number. We met again a few days later and began dating soon afterward." Is this an acceptable description of meeting?

3. Documentary proof of meeting. I read the descriptions on the checklist, which includes airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts and passport stamps. Out of those, I only have train passes between Zürich and Munich, but I'm not sure how much they'll add to the case - especially if I give my current address as in the United States (see 1 above). The items in #2 (photos) and #3 (proof of ongoing relationship) are easier, but I'm sort of stuck on the documentary proof of meeting. Is this a problem and what can I do about it?

4. G-325A Form. Okay, so this is one form with the same page of information four times in a row - and I can't save it? Is there a savable version of this form available or is USCIS just trying to make our lives difficult?

That's all for now. Thanks so much for your help and just let me know if you need any clarification on my questions.

Edited by Joshua Kaufman

Timeline
4. G-325A Form. Okay, so this is one form with the same page of information four times in a row - and I can't save it? Is there a savable version of this form available or is USCIS just trying to make our lives difficult?

This is under discussion on another thread and the answer is apparently "no."

Timeline
2. Description of meeting. I admit I haven't done much searching around this, but there's isn't much guidance on the checklist regarding this. My current description is "I, Joshua Kaufman, met my fiancée, Janine-Opal Fischer, on 5 January 2004 in London, England, UK at a night club. Miss Fischer was bartending and I approached her and asked her for her phone number. We met again a few days later and began dating soon afterward." Is this an acceptable description of meeting?

3. Documentary proof of meeting. I read the descriptions on the checklist, which includes airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts and passport stamps. Out of those, I only have train passes between Zürich and Munich, but I'm not sure how much they'll add to the case - especially if I give my current address as in the United States (see 1 above). The items in #2 (photos) and #3 (proof of ongoing relationship) are easier, but I'm sort of stuck on the documentary proof of meeting. Is this a problem and what can I do about it?

I still don't know if the description in #2 is acceptable, but I think I'm clearer about the documentary proof of meeting bit. What I'm planning to do is within the supplementary letter that describes how we met (#2), I'll also say something like "I have also included copies of receipts and other documents as evidence of our ongoing relationship including: photos, grocery receipts, Munich ATM receipts, Shared bank account, Munich Lease, etc."

Please let me know if you think this will be acceptable as proof of meeting and documentary evidence that we've met. Thanks!

Edited by Joshua Kaufman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you've got a lease with both your names on it and a shared bank account, that sounds just fine. Maybe a couple of pictures just for some color!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

That's all for now. Thanks so much for your help and just let me know if you need any clarification on my questions.

It IS four pages of the same information but once you fill out the first page Acrobat will automatically fill out the other three pages. Any change you make to any page will appear on the other three. If you have this free software you're able to save the forms.

I still don't know if the description in #2 is acceptable, but I think I'm clearer about the documentary proof of meeting bit. What I'm planning to do is within the supplementary letter that describes how we met (#2), I'll also say something like "I have also included copies of receipts and other documents as evidence of our ongoing relationship including: photos, grocery receipts, Munich ATM receipts, Shared bank account, Munich Lease, etc."

Please let me know if you think this will be acceptable as proof of meeting and documentary evidence that we've met. Thanks!

My letter was similar to the one you described. (And the situation was similar too!) :)

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Hi, was wondering if I would need to send a G325 form from my fiance along with the I129 form or do I just need one for myself? Thanks in advance.

You need to send one from your fiance also.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
It IS four pages of the same information but once you fill out the first page Acrobat will automatically fill out the other three pages. Any change you make to any page will appear on the other three. If you have this free software you're able to save the forms.

I didn't realize that the other pages get filled out automatically by Acrobat. Nice. I tried that Foxit software but it only saves data entered within Foxit, and it doesn't automatically fill out the other pages. I think I'll stick with Acrobat! :)

My letter was similar to the one you described. (And the situation was similar too!) :)

And it worked well? I noticed that you received a RFE (from you signature). I'm assuming that it had something to do with your lack of proper evidence?

09-29-2006: I-129F Sent

10-12-2006: I-129F NOA1

11-01-2006: I-129F RFE(s)

By the way, I'm still trying to figure out what address to use (see #1 above). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! :)

Edited by Joshua Kaufman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi, was wondering if I would need to send a G325 form from my fiance along with the I129 form or do I just need one for myself? Thanks in advance.

Note that you need to send in the form G-325A for you AND one filled in by your fiance. There is a form that is called G-325 as well - but it is NOT the requested form. Make sure you fill out the right ones.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.