jsowter

Visiting while waiting

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I was just wondering if I would have any trouble visiting AFTER I got my NOA2? I'm planning a trip there for a friends wedding. I filed in late October so I was expecting a response either end of next month or early June. I'm planning to visit middle of June for three weeks. Do you think I would have an issue at POE? I'm going to bring a letter from my boss, something from my bank saying it's still open and active and my return ticket and I'm also going to Europe from Australia before I go back to America so should I bring my flight tickets for that as well to show I plan on coming home to get on that flight?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You shouldn't have a problem.

I went in December (pre NOA 2) and the Immigration officer only made a reference to all the chocolate on my customs declaration form (just a bit of friendly banter) and wished me a happy holiday and welcomed me in.

I went again last month, just after NOA2, took proof of ties, return ticket and everything and was questioned and cross-questioned for quite a long time at passport control, but they let me in without any reference to our petition/visa. He asked if I had a job, what I do for a living, if I had proof of this, how much money I had with me, when I was going back and a string of other things. I had proof of everything, but every time I put my hand on my bag to present anything he asked if I had with me, he gestured in dismissal (he didn't want to see it). He was an older and more serious guy. It really depends more on who processes your entry than where you enter in my opinion.

So you probably won't even have that experience, but yes, take whatever you have to prove you are going to return. I think the guy realized I had the stuff and was happy that my answers were consistent. Go enjoy your time with your fiance. It's what keeps you sane during this process.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it makes you feel better, take a look on this thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Have a nice trip!

USCIS:

2015/3/23: I-130 Sent: (Let's start the waiting game!)

2015/3/25: NOA1 Sent by email, case routed to the USCIS California Service Center (hardcopy 2015/6/4)

2015/4/21: NOA2 (email; got hardcopy in 2015/5/6)

NVC:

2015/5/21: Got NVC case # and IIN

2015/5/29: Filled DS261 online

2015/6/1: Payed AOS fee online

2015/6/5: Sent AOS and IV packages

2015/6/8: DS261 reviewed over the phone

2015/6/8: Scan Date

2015/7/5: Payed IV fee online

2015/7/8: Filled DS260

2015/7/23: Checklist!!

2015/7/25: Checklist Scan Date

2015/8/18: NVC CC

2015/9/11: Interview Scheduled for October 8th (no letter yet, just called NVC!)

2015/10/1: Medical

2015/10/8: Interview - Approved!!!

2015/10/30: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.