ChasUno

RFE received by USCIS, decision/ case update date?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We received the response below from the USCIS after submitting the evidence requested in the RFE.

Just a quick question, does anyone know where they get the June 19th date from when they tell us that is when we should:

"receive a decision or case update by June 19, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed."

Is June 19th the date they estimate that we should get a decision/ update, or is it a deadline that they HAVE to make a decision/ update by? Is the response below a standard copy and pasted response, or is it tailored to us specifically?

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten us :)

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On April 20, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number *****************. Our California Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by June 19, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

The way it's worded sounds like you should have a decision by then. I think most estimates on VJ state about a 30-day turnaround for an approval/denial.

Good luck.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Thanks Chris. I couldn't work out where they got the June 19th figure from (approx 60 days from April 20th). Then they mentioned "unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed." Can't see why they would need to do either of those, so it seems weird they mentioned them. I guess it's back to the waiting game to see what they come up with. :clock:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's just a form response. And my guess is that 60 days is their standard time to respond, too. If you haven't received a response by June 19th, then call and ask what's up. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks April+Daniel. I'm hoping it is just a form response and that they won't "need something from you" again, nor will we need a "fingerprinting or an interview" (surely that's for when I go for the interview at the Embassy, not before the NOA2?!! Going by other people's timelines from K1's being processed by CSC, many have been approved by 30 days so it's a little frustrating to have our delayed by the RFE. Then again, we keep telling ourselves we could be being dealt with by TSC and facing a much longer wait.

We will keep checking our case status and hope to see it going to approved soon!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Thanks April+Daniel. I'm hoping it is just a form response and that they won't "need something from you" again, nor will we need a "fingerprinting or an interview" (surely that's for when I go for the interview at the Embassy, not before the NOA2?!! Going by other people's timelines from K1's being processed by CSC, many have been approved by 30 days so it's a little frustrating to have our delayed by the RFE. Then again, we keep telling ourselves we could be being dealt with by TSC and facing a much longer wait.

We will keep checking our case status and hope to see it going to approved soon!

Of course it is a generic response. You are never going to get something specifically written only to you.

USCIS processes a lot more than fiancé petitions. Fingerprinting and interview might be appropriate for adjustment of status, removing conditions, naturalization...all of which also get RFEs From USCIS.

Their standard response is saying give us 60 days and we'll have

1) a decision or

2) case update (which could say give us 60 more days)

The fingerprint or interview clause is to be ignored because you know USCIS does not fingerprint or interview K1 petitioners. It does not apply to your current case.

It probably will be approved by next week.

"..., many have been approved by 30 days so it's a little frustrating to have our delayed by the RFE...."

April is probably saying WAH WAH! to that.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"..., many have been approved by 30 days so it's a little frustrating to have our delayed by the RFE...."

I'm training my brain to send blurry vision signals to my eyes whenever something like this is written, I just gloss right over it. :thumbs:

Edited by April+Daniel

LOL! I know, and I feel so much for April and all those stuck at TSC. We're feeling frustrated over the RFE, they're completely held up by the unfair processing times at Texas. I know it puts things into perspective that we are actually in a very fortunate position in comparison.

I guess we were hoping for as quick an approval as some of the other recent CSC filers. Thanks Nich-Nick for clarifying that the response was most likely a generic update, which with the fingerprint and interview comment suggests it most likely is as that won't apply to K1 filers at this stage.

April, I will cross all my fingers and more for you that you come out of the TSC black hole soon. I cannot see how the USCIS can justify the huge differences in processing times from one service centre to an other. Hoping that will change soon so that all those waiting will finally get to be with their loved ones. :thumbs:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.