SaraRockwell

Interview Scheduled in MTL - Need to Reschedule

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

So, I've been waiting for a letter stating that I could schedule my interview date in MTL, but yesterday I received an e-mail that it had been scheduled for me in the middle of May. This date is unfortunately way too early for me, as I'm currently in California visiting my husband and will not return until the beginning of May, leaving me hardly enough time to arrange a medical and make travel/accommodation plans to Montreal. I visited the appropriate website to register and then reschedule my interview (https://ais.usvisa-info.com), but when I try to create an account, it tells me that my case number is not ready for an appointment.

On top of all this, I'm worried that rescheduling my interview will put my visa at risk, as it states that there is 'absolutely no guarantee that the visa will be available on the date of my rescheduled appointment'.

And finally, where can I find my DS-260 number, since I'm having trouble finding it.

Just looking for some opinions on the matter.
Thank you for any help in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Personally, I'd take the appointment. If you're in Ontario, the medical professionals are very accommodating and I'm sure would squeeze you in given your interview date. The police background can also be expedited. We paid to have the results express mailed. Took less than a week. The full length copy of the birth certificate can be express mailed as can any divorce certificates.

When you begin the DS-260, there is a bar code with your number on it. See the sample pictures here on VJ. If you don't have your MTL number, I'd call the NVC. They gave us ours over the phone. Good luck!!

Timeline

Personally, I'd take the appointment. If you're in Ontario, the medical professionals are very accommodating and I'm sure would squeeze you in given your interview date. The police background can also be expedited. We paid to have the results express mailed. Took less than a week. The full length copy of the birth certificate can be express mailed as can any divorce certificates.

When you begin the DS-260, there is a bar code with your number on it. See the sample pictures here on VJ. If you don't have your MTL number, I'd call the NVC. They gave us ours over the phone. Good luck!!

Thank you.

The police report I have is still valid, as I got it only a few months ago, and I already have a full length birth certificate (and thankfully I have no divorce certificates).

Unfortunately, the major issue here is money. The medical exam including courier fees is $350. Doing an 8 hour drive to Montreal will roughly be another $150 in gas, as well as $150 for a hotel stay. Plus they scheduled the interview for a Friday, which is when I am absolutely required to be at work. I was going to schedule my own appointment for a Monday or Tuesday, which are my set days off at work. Even if they scheduled it for a Wednesday or Thursday, it would be better than a Friday.

I thankfully found the number for my DS-260 across from the bar code with my case number on it - thank you for your help with that. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Up to you.

The general rule is when they say jump all you say is how high?

I am sure many people have managed to do what you want, I have also seen some horror stories.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We are in the similar situation. We had the hardest time finding the number.

Basically,

1. Log in from https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx
  2. Go to IV Application.
  3. Click View.
  4. Click the SIGN tab.
  5. Scroll to the bottom.
  6. Confirmation No. is the DS-260 number.

Now we're waiting for the file to arrive in Montreal. When we tried to register, we also get the "not ready for appointment" message. We have no idea how long we typically have to wait before being able to reschedule...

Timeline

After waiting for what seems like forever I would try IF AT all possible to make that interview... We received our date yesterday .We have a TWO week window!! I tried going on the webste to register but this is what I got :ieI visited the appropriate website to register my interview to create an account, it tells me that my case number is not ready for an appointment. . aM i DOING SOMETHING WRONG??

After waiting for what seems like forever I would try IF AT all possible to make that interview... We received our date yesterday .We have a TWO week window!! I tried going on the webste to register but this is what I got :ieI visited the appropriate website to register my interview to create an account, it tells me that my case number is not ready for an appointment. . aM i DOING SOMETHING WRONG??

Probably not. The CEAC status must say "ready" before you can sign up for loomis.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hey guys!

So, I've been waiting for a letter stating that I could schedule my interview date in MTL, but yesterday I received an e-mail that it had been scheduled for me in the middle of May. This date is unfortunately way too early for me, as I'm currently in California visiting my husband and will not return until the beginning of May, leaving me hardly enough time to arrange a medical and make travel/accommodation plans to Montreal. I visited the appropriate website to register and then reschedule my interview (https://ais.usvisa-info.com), but when I try to create an account, it tells me that my case number is not ready for an appointment.

On top of all this, I'm worried that rescheduling my interview will put my visa at risk, as it states that there is 'absolutely no guarantee that the visa will be available on the date of my rescheduled appointment'.

And finally, where can I find my DS-260 number, since I'm having trouble finding it.

Just looking for some opinions on the matter.

Thank you for any help in advance!

You don't get the visa back the same day. The earliest is the next day but sometimes it's not for a few weeks.

If your package hasn't left the NVC yet then you can try contacting them to reschedule. If not you'll have to try contacting Montreal through their online form to reschedule after they receive your file (after CEAC says "ready." )

To be honest, I think you should try to be there for that interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.