asianculture

K2 interview in Manila Embassy ( any input Q&A sample)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJs,

My daughter will be having her interview next week, she's 11 years old, and my question is, do they ask her several questions like what they did to me before?

Also my plan is for her to be picked up by her step father ( my husband , the Petitioner) from the Philippines to USA, I cannot take a days off because I am still new to my Job, does anyone done this before? any input and suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello VJs,

My daughter will be having her interview next week, she's 11 years old, and my question is, do they ask her several questions like what they did to me before?

Also my plan is for her to be picked up by her step father ( my husband , the Petitioner) from the Philippines to USA, I cannot take a days off because I am still new to my Job, does anyone done this before? any input and suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

They are not going to ask her too many questions. They will be simple (what is your name, who is with you today, who is your mother/stepfather, where do they live etc.) and most K2's who come before the CO are approved, of course as long as your paperwork is in order and truthful.

This topic was just discussed so more information can be found on this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545720-question-about-step-son-petition/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks Greenbaum!

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

As what i heard today at the embassy. Have her bring photos of you and her, her and the stepfather and all 3 of you.

Then have the stepfather or who ever the guardian is bring an ID :)

And make sure in her NSO birth certificate your name is spelled right

Timeline

BiaoBiao thanks for the heads up! I provided a lot of photos from K1 with her and my husband but I will let her bring pictures again in case they need it

BiaoBiao thanks for the heads up! I provided a lot of photos from K1 with her and my husband but I will let her bring pictures again in case they need it

They have been asking pictures lately. Guy beside the booth I was in was asked for pics of him and his mother. And was asked why they only have 1 picture together

The criteria for a K-1 Visa is that you have "established a relationship". So, what better way to show it then through photos. You do not need 300 photos to prove it but you do need more than one. Best pictures to show a relationship is the two of you together sharing in everyday things, the USC interacting with family and at family gatherings, and if you propose to her on that visit, record through pictures your proposal. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. But for heavens sake have more than one photo with the two of you together.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

We sent tons of photos in my K1 application and when I got an interview at Manila Embassy they didn't ask for more, I brought all my photos here in the USA because I needed it for my AOS, so I guess I will be sending her a pic from FB and they can print it out incase they ask for it.

We sent tons of photos in my K1 application and when I got an interview at Manila Embassy they didn't ask for more, I brought all my photos here in the USA because I needed it for my AOS, so I guess I will be sending her a pic from FB and they can print it out incase they ask for it.

Best picture you can use is a picture with her step dad. Shows a relationship there. I had picture of my stepson with he and I doing things together. Goes along way in showing a relationship.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Yes we have those and she will bring them to interview, also Greenbaum what is your view on this plan- my husband will be the one to pick up my daughter from Philippines because I cannot have a days off from my new job. Does this creat any problem when they leave the country and in the POE?

Yes we have those and she will bring them to interview, also Greenbaum what is your view on this plan- my husband will be the one to pick up my daughter from Philippines because I cannot have a days off from my new job. Does this creat any problem when they leave the country and in the POE?

There should be no problems. Others have done it without any interference from Manila or their POE. I do recommend that he carry with him a letter stating that you give him permission to leave the country with her. Take the letter to your bank and have it notarized. Have a copy of your passport and MC with him. He may not be asked for it but, with a male removing a female can raise a red flag so it is best to be prepared with a document giving permission for your husband. DSWD states that he doesn't need anything but don't leave anything to chance. See FAQ's in www.dswd.gov.ph

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.