SenoraPossible

I-130 Questions (Mailing in on 4/20!!!) Excited!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

It says to include A passport style photo for each... We got them taken this evening. Do I include both pics given for each person? Usually when you get a passport they want both photos but I know this is different.

I didn't see anywhere where it asks for my husband's(the immigrant) info or documents. Should I send a copy of his birth certificate, passport, matricula/Consular ID etc?

Should I enclose copies of social security cards for myself and our daughter that we have together?

Should I send a few pics of us from the time we met until present.... spending holidays together, traveling together, newspaper articles of us dancing, going out, etc to prove that we are legitimately in love?

.... box 16:
Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?

Check yes or no and check a box why.
Options are for removal, exclusion/deportation, rescission, or judicial proceedings.

When my husband was crossing over without inspection, he was right on the front about to cross into USA. He wasn't arrested because he was obedient to the officer but they did send him back to Mexico.... taking his fingerprints, info, copies of birth cert, etc. Since he has been here he has never had any issues with immigration, law enforcement or anything else aside from when he attempted to cross years ago.

What do I put in this box?

10/2013 - Met Dancing Bachata

03/2014 - Officially Started Courting

04/2014 - Moved In Together

10/01/2014 - Got Married

03/11/2015 - First Baby Together Born

04/03/2015 - Lawyer Took & Sent Fingerprints to the FBI (Est 4-5 months to return)

05/23/2015 - I-130/(2)G-325A mailed on our own to get things officially started :)

05/26/2015 - USPS Tracking Confirmed that our package was picked up.

05/28/2015 - NOA1 RECEIVED via Text Message & Email! yayyyy!!!

Case number assigned. Will now be transferred to Texas Service Center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

please review what they ask for the requirements of the photos. Yes, you must send 2 of them.

Your husbands info is not included in this part of the pocess. The I-130 is stricly about you, the US citizen. And whether or not you guys are legitimately involved/married.

I dont remember anything about social security cards being included in the I-130 instructions. You read it right? As far as proving you are a US citizen, just included what they ask for: Passport, Birth certificate, etc...

YES, send pics it helps to support a true marriage/relationship. Absolutely!

EDIT: please see on the instructions what is considered proof of a bonafide-relationship marriage. Frequently, it takes alot more than just photos. Photos help, but immigration wants to see concrete stuff that helps to show a continued and ongoing relationship. Like phone logs, emails. Flight confirmations, hotel confirmation... Things that can be proven and tracked.

These questions can be super tough. I had some of my own tough questions to answer. The best thing you can do is answer truthfully.

-REMOVAL? sounds to me like he was removed from the United States

-DEPORTRATION? sounds to me like he was deported

Whether or not he was BANNED ( 3yr, 5yr, 10yr ). I cannot say that. And if nothing happened all, then that is EVEN BETTER NEWS!

Just be truthful ( YES, you can add additional information on extra pages of paper ), *** PLEASE re-read the instructions form on how to do this appropriately ***

In the extra space for commenting, I would explain the situation. Additionally you should try contacting someone at immigration and asking about your husband/fiancee so you can review those records and make sure he is not under any kind of BAN. ( I dont have any telephone numbers for you, sorry )

I read the instructions for completing that i-130 like 20 times... And then I did another 40 hours of research from other people on the internet on "HOW NOT TO SCREW IT UP".

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

Thank you so much for your help!
I will be submitted one photo for each but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to submit 2 photos per person... as that is how they are given.

Could I send Facebook messages as far as proof? How would I know how many pages to send or what range of dates?

10/01/2014 - Got Married

04/03/2015 - Lawyer Took & Sent Fingerprints to the FBI (Est 4-5 months to return)

05/23/2015 - I-130/(2)G-325A mailed on our own to get things officially started :)

Timeline

Again, it needs to be 2 passport style photos:

I really recommend you doing a bit more reading and research to make sure everything is perfect to a "T".

HERE IS THE GUIDELINES AND PACKET INFORMATION directly for the US STATE DEPT:

Please notice about 3/4 of the way down, it tell you the things to be included ; which included 2x passport style photos.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/immediate-relative.html#2

PERSONALLY, I prefer to use the much easier to-use VISAJOURNEY.COM guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

HERE IS THE EXACT REQUIREMENT FOR YOUR PASSPORT PHOTOS:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/photos.html

There, you go, that should help. Photos of your relationship can be from facebook. I went the extra step and sent mine in color. Be sure your photos are clear, it is preferably that your photos be date-marked.

EDIT: when putting your packet together. Write "PETITIONER: your name" ............... or "BENEFICIARY: his name" on the back of the appropriate photos, then place them in a small photo ziplock bag, and then paperclip them to the biographical data form.

ME, I signed the back of the photos, and then using scotch tape, taped the edges to a blank piece of paper directly behind the biographical form. ( I did not use tape over the photo itself ). I then also labeled the blank paper.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

I'm not sure how to get my photos with the date mark... Unless I print screen shots of photos from Facebook as they will have the dates initially uploaded.

On visajourney's 130 page that you linked as well as my 130 instructions.... it just calls for 1 photo for each person. But I think I will still send two just in case. My theory is it's better to send too much than not enough.

I like VJ's idea of the cover letter though. LOL. I was about to put mini post it's on everything labeling it! haha. I did make sure I have everything in the order it was asked.

The only other question I'm not sure of is whose name I put on question 17..... for spouse am I to list my husband the immigrant? or myself as his spouse?

and also.... for question 22.... how do I know which consular post he will have to go to? I didn't see anything in the instructions about that?

Edited by SenoraPossible

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Timeline

Honestly, I did not have date stamps on my wedding photos either. All I did was import them into Microsoft Word and label them with plain text and imported the picture and printed it off.

Your correct, (after later review), that Visajourney mentions only 1 photo. Please note the US STATE DEPT says 2! I agree also with a cover letter. Let me know if you need help typing one off.

I believe it is in fact, looking for your husbands name.

Consular post , is whichever Embassy is closest to your husband. Usually, you just pick which city you will want your complete packet/interview stuff setup at.

PETITION I-130

NVC

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

Honestly, I did not have date stamps on my wedding photos either. All I did was import them into Microsoft Word and label them with plain text and imported the picture and printed it off.

Your correct, (after later review), that Visajourney mentions only 1 photo. Please note the US STATE DEPT says 2! I agree also with a cover letter. Let me know if you need help typing one off.

I believe it is in fact, looking for your husbands name.

Consular post , is whichever Embassy is closest to your husband. Usually, you just pick which city you will want your complete packet/interview stuff setup at.

I would prefer to do it here in US where we live lol.... but I think he has to go to Mexico and there's no way out of it. Where can I find a list of embassies? It seems like everyone from Mexico gets their interview in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua.

My mom is writing a letter for us and is asking me what she should write about (as an affidavit). Thats why I had asked. I just told her to write what she sees as a daily witness since we live with her.

Also... i don't know if they will accept it but she wrote a separate letter stating that we rent from her. We don't have an actual lease or bills together. Just a bank account and I had them write a letter on their letterhead for proof.

Edited by SenoraPossible

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Timeline

If he is currently here in the United States, and he is "able to / allowed to". I would definitely start looking into "Adjustment of Status" forms. You need to contact your local Immigration Office in your state. Unfortunately someone else needs to chime in from here....

PETITION I-130

NVC

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

If he is currently here in the United States, and he is "able to / allowed to". I would definitely start looking into "Adjustment of Status" forms. You need to contact your local Immigration Office in your state. Unfortunately someone else needs to chime in from here....

If I recall correctly, I was told that because he entered without inspection that he couldn't apply for adjustment of status.

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Timeline

I believe the only question I have on all of my packet is that I do not know which location to put under box 22 on form 130. Since he entered without inspection, he has to go abroad for his visa/interview. He is from Chiapas and the closest(and most convenient) location for us is Merida, Mexico. However, the box asks for city and country.... not the state. I suppose I should research a little on USCIS for the address..... however everything I've read and researched so far hasn't given me an answer on how to fill in box 22 when you have to go out of the country. I've seen plenty of answers for the interview here in the states.

Can anyone chime in on this?

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.***

**Moderator hat off**

I believe the only question I have on all of my packet is that I do not know which location to put under box 22 on form 130. Since he entered without inspection, he has to go abroad for his visa/interview. He is from Chiapas and the closest(and most convenient) location for us is Merida, Mexico. However, the box asks for city and country.... not the state. I suppose I should research a little on USCIS for the address..... however everything I've read and researched so far hasn't given me an answer on how to fill in box 22 when you have to go out of the country. I've seen plenty of answers for the interview here in the states.

Can anyone chime in on this?

The only place he will be able to go for a visa interview is Juarez.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

We still have yet to send this because someone scared us away from sending it.

However, we know someone personally who just went through this process. She entered without inspection and doesn't even have kids and they still let her back. So now I feel more confident that it is more than "just a trap" to get him back to Mexico and keep him there like some were telling me.

We chose not to send many photos. Another friend is going through the same process(Her husband is italian) and they told her not to send photos, messages or any other proof with the i-130 because they will ask for that later one.

We currently have two affidavits but are wondering if that is enough....

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.