prof752

Question about i-864w and other supporting docs

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi VJ community

My wife, a naturalized citizen, is acting as the petitioner of her two children in Thailand, to come to the US.

One is 14 and the other is 17

We've filled out the NVC Visa Application online and have the confirmations.

Now for the supporting documents... I'm not sure if WE have to send them in, or if the kids bring them to the interview.

We will be filling out a i864w for each child, as they will become US citizens upon their arrival as per CCA.

But, the signature line says to SIGN, unless the child is under 14, and then the parent can sign. SO, do I send a PDF copy to each child, and have them sign it, and bring to the interview?
It seems that I should send them in before the interview. So I'm confused about who should sign the i864w and where it should be submitted.

Furthermore, it seems the child over age 16 needs a police clearance -- I guess he brings that to the interview as well

Other documents required:
2 passport photos (per child)

Copies of birth certificates (with translations)

Copy of the biographic page from the Passport

Does all this go to the Interview in BKK,

Because another web page I saw said to send to :

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

So especially for the i8654w, do the kids sign it, and send it back to me?

Can the US parent sign it HERE on their behalf?

So confusing, please help,

Thanks so much!

Mike

yes I've read

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

your wife signs and sends it to nvc, as well as police clearance sent to the NVC

now since the oldest son is 17, will he be able to enter the country before 18, because she is sending the i864W since upon entering automatically her children will derive her citizenship, as long as they enter the country before they are 18

if not, for the oldest she will need to file the i864

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

If all this can be submitted and approved ASAP , the 17 year old will enter before turning 18.

How can she do the police clearance without being in Thailand? Doesn't that have to be done over there? He can get a family member to help....

But I still want to make sure my wife can sign the 864w even though both kids are over 14 (but under 18)

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.