Dean_De

Moving to another state before ROC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We will be moving pretty soon in ( 2 weeks ) and I haven't submitted my ROC packet ( I am actually waiting to get settle at our new home get our permanent address and send the packet after that ). I still have about 1 1/2 month before my green card expire. QUESTION: Do I have to notify USCIS of the change in address? thank you!

Edited by Dean_De

Hi Everyone,

We will be moving pretty soon in ( 2 weeks ) and I haven't submitted my ROC packet ( I am actually waiting to get settle at our new home get our permanent address and send the packet after that ). I still have about 1 1/2 month before my green card expire. QUESTION: Do I have to notify USCIS of the change in address? thank you!

yes, you do. If I were you, I would send the package in. and then change the address. Unless its changing the service center. Dont wait. Thats my two cents

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, you do. If I were you, I would send the package in. and then change the address. Unless its changing the service center. Dont wait. Thats my two cents

The thing is it will be different service center..so I do not want to go through that headache of my packet to be forwarded from one service center after another :( I already got the letter from the USCIS about the 90 days. So right now its basically sending the packet which is ready to be submitted tho I think I have to update the ne address in the form too and include the new lease. I am just not ure if I have to notify the USCIS before I send in the packet or not.

Move. Update the address with AR-11 on uscis.gov. Husband files I-865. Get new drivers licenses with new address on it. Make copies of DL and include with your filing. When you've done all that, file for ROC.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.