ferg9

Ds-260 - Turning in the extra required documents. DCF Guangzhou

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I DCF'd in Guangzhou China and just completed the DS-260 online. The email I got asked for a couple other documents (copy of passport bio page, 2 photos) which I am supposed to send to the consulate through a CITIC bank. Weirdly the email also asked me to register for a "document pick-up location" through the UStraveldocs website. This was impossible to complete because it wanted me to schedule an interview date.

I read somewhere that we just need to bring the requested documents to any CITIC bank and they will just send it to the consulate, and that I don't need to register for that online. Is that right? I just walk into the CITIC with my documents and they'll know what I'm talking about when I say "Send this to the US consulate". Do I need to put it into an envelope with the address of USCIS at the consulate written on it? Help!!

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Just show up to the citic bank of your choice. They should know how to send it to the consulate, but if they don't (like they didn't for me) have them figure out what branch knows how to do it. The branch I went to only knew how to do Chinese tourist visas and not immigration visas...

Just go with the documents in the email (confirmation letter, pictures, etc) and they will put it in envelope for you. My branch made an extra copy for their own purposes as they requests 2 copies, but you'll be fine with 1 copy as they will make copy if need be.

The system is dumb and won't let you do drop-off as there really isn't such a thing as DCF.

Should take less than 1 week to get confirmation and email back on next steps. Good luck!

Edited by llamagatekeeper

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.