Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

problem with visa fee and application..

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filed 2 separate petition (f2a) for my wife and son, they were both approved.

now im on a process of sending their documents to nvc, but the big problem right

now that i have is when i paid and applied for my sons visa.what happened is

after i paid the AOS for the two, it took a week for me to able to pay for their visa,

so when i was able to pay for it i paid them both but paying it under my wife's case number

because my sons name is showing as an accompany under hers even though he has hes own

case number i did it because at first i cannot pay it under hes number but able to pay it under

hers, even the visa application is under her case number, now after the visa is paid and application

are submitted every time i sign in using my sons case # it still showing unpaid and thats when i realize

that i should not pay and apply hes visa under her case number because when i send hes documents

with the document cover sheet and scan the barcode its gonna show that hes visa is still unpaid

and no visa application is being filed.This is the problem that i have right now and i don't know how

im going to correct it, nvc are giving me different answers every time i call.does anyone here been

through the same issue as mine?thanks..

Edited by lovey07

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is your son?? Why your child is not derivative benificiary under your wife. I am sure when filing i 130, you must have put child's info. Call nvc and ask if your child is qualify for visa under your wife. USC needs to apply for two different i 130 for spouse and child but LPR can file both of them under one file.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can proceed with your son being your wife's derivative under her petition (her case number). That way, the money you paid for his IV fee will not go to waste. All of his civil documents will be under your wife's case number as they will be processed as "one".

You can now "abandon" your son's own case. If you still want him to have his own case and case number, you must pay his IV fee again under his own IIN.

By the way, are you still a green card holder? Or already a US citizen?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the same problem my husbAnd filed different cases but he pay the iv fee under my case now i filed for iv application under also my case which my son in accompany status but the my husband called to nvc they told him that we must file separately so the nvc advise he must send an email together with the receipt for iv fee so they can process separately....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.